who's your sporting idol? top 5

Options
Mine was Brock Lesnar (MMA fighter, UFC) until he retired a few weeks ago :-( his athletism was amazing, people accused him of drugs but the guy was naturally big, not the greatest fighter ever but my hero for his dedication and pride.

I have a top 5,

1. Brock Lesnar (MMA fighter) USA
2. Richard Swain (Rugby League) Hull FC, NZ a real work horse, had the privellage of seeing this guy o a regular basis
3. Darren Lockyer (Rugby League) Brisbane, AUS, Legend, he is no doubt the best RL player ever!
3. Mike Tyson (Boxer) His aggression was out of this world and his athlestism and confidence is pure champion
5. Andy Farrell. (Rugby League) UK, man of steel in all aspects of his game

I coud name a top 20, Id like to give a special mention to Steve Presscott MBE. he played Rugby for my beloved Hull FC and had his career ended pre-maturly by injury, he was an amazing player, and after retirement was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and was given less than 2 years to spend with his young childeren, that man didnt accept that and 6 years on he runs and bikes marathons on a weekly basis and runs fundraising events for different charitys, he is a real life inspiration, if you ever need inspiring, look that man up, a true great

who are your top 5? what sport do you follow?

Replies

• rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    My top five Sporting Idols are:

Rick Mears - Indy Car Racer
    Troy Aikman - Dallas Cowboys Quarterback
    Patrick Roy - NHL Hockey Goalie
    Gordon Johncock - Indy Car Racer
    Joe Sakic - NHL Hockey Player

I have many more but those are my top five at the moment. I watch American football, hockey and car racing. Those are the major sports i folow but I like them all. I am not a huge pro basketball fan though.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    Thats cool, Id love to see a US/Canadian Hockey game, such a tough sport, lots of admiration for them, we have a team called the stingrays but they probly couldnt beat a juniour team over the pond lol. Car racings cool, I cant watch it personally probly cos im envious lol. I wont lie, I dont know any of them guys but Im sure youll only recognise Brock and Iron mike on mine lol, I really Hope rugby league takes off in america, itll be loved over there
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Peter Capstick.
    Wally Johnson is a close second.
  • Mr_Motivator42
    Mr_Motivator42 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Got to be Ali. And not just cos it's his birthday, his appeal went beyond sports fans.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    this guy b55.jpg
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    33ksz6r.jpg

Call it jumping on a bandwagon, but Messi has to be one of the most enjoyable soccer players to watch.

Oh didn't see the top 5 thing. The others would probably be Jim Wendler (Powerlifting), Derek Poundstone (Strongman), Landon Donovan (Soccer), and that square-headed mofo Rooney (Soccer).
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Thats cool, Id love to see a US/Canadian Hockey game, such a tough sport, lots of admiration for them, we have a team called the stingrays but they probly couldnt beat a juniour team over the pond lol. Car racings cool, I cant watch it personally probly cos im envious lol. I wont lie, I dont know any of them guys but Im sure youll only recognise Brock and Iron mike on mine lol, I really Hope rugby league takes off in america, itll be loved over there

I always wanted to race cars so I am jealous but just love the sport so much I have to watch. I have been to a couple of hockey games. They are great. There is an energy that just fills the arena. I also have gone to profootball, baseball, basketball and golf events. I am definitely a sports fanatic. I must admit I don't follow rugby though.