Soda from a resturant

Options
When I order a soda from a resturant and they put all of the ice in it, how many ounces of soda am I actually drinking? I try to keep my food log as accurate as possible. I think it's a 20oz glass, but the ice doesn't allow for 20 oz of drink. Anyone have any thoughts?

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I always just put 20 because at least then I know I'm overestimating and not underestimating. Sorry if this doesn't help.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Depends on ice, just estimate your best, maybe 1/2 usually because they often put a lot of ice in it.
  • mizzcase
    Options
    Get a diet so you don't have to think about it.. any amount of oz is 0 cals.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Get a diet so you don't have to think about it.. any amount of oz is 0 cals.
    This... If it is not alcohol, it's silly to drink your calories when you are dieting.
  • sherriyoung
    sherriyoung Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Diet is gross....if I'm going to drink it (which isn't often) I'm going to get a real one....and the crap in the Diet is actually worse for you.
  • zwoodcock
    zwoodcock Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Diet is gross....if I'm going to drink it (which isn't often) I'm going to get a real one....and the crap in the Diet is actually worse for you.

Ill try and find the article, but I can say for a fact that that's wrong.

The studies done on the artificial sweeteners in Diet Sodas have shown a possible, but not proven, link to some types of brain-cell issues.

The studies done on the sweeteners in Regular Sodas (High Fructose Corn Syrup) have shown a possible and proven link to a buildup of fat around organs, which is VERY BAD.