Period out of whack since dieting

Options
Its been 3 months now since I started this journey and have lost 25lbs slow but steady. I'm starting to get concerned with my period, I have always been regular, I would always get it the last week of every month and it would last 5 days. Since I changed my eating habits, its been coming at mid month, like I got it December 19 (lasted 7 days) and then got it again the 13th this month and it only lasted 2 days, for the last 3 times its just been out of whack, is this normal??? TIA

Replies

• CuttingtheTies
    Options
    As far as I know, it is normal for periods to fluctuate based on many things, including diet.
    I experience similar things.
    Last month my period was 4 days long (like usual) and this month it was 7 days long (first time ever).

I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    this happened to me I'm usually due first week of month and the last two months the cravings have kicked in week before, water gone on.. off no period.. then week late weight suddenly goes up again a few pounds and it starts.

I am 42 though so wasn't sure if it was diet or peri-menopause as mine had been getting lighter all year before I actually started dieting last June.
  • LadyFaile
    Options
    I've never had diet throw mine off before, just stress.