C-Section question...

Options
Ok, so has anyone out there ever been successful at making your c-section belly pouch go away completly??? I know that dieting will help it to go down a lot but is it at all possible to get rid of it completly, w/out surgery...because surgery is not an option for me.:smile: I'm just curious.

Have a blessed day!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• LaRon
    LaRon Posts: 17
    Options
    Ok, so has anyone out there ever been successful at making your c-section belly pouch go away completly??? I know that dieting will help it to go down a lot but is it at all possible to get rid of it completly, w/out surgery...because surgery is not an option for me.:smile: I'm just curious.

Have a blessed day!:flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Well not to shoot down your confidence but my son is 3 years old and I still have it, it's an eye sore cause everything else is getting smaller and that is staying the same. Wish I could give you some good news or encouraging words.:smile:
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    There is a girdle designed to help support while you heal. You can probably find a good one on Ebay . Your baby (who is oober cute!) looks very new, so remember it will take a long time to recover and see the final results you need to work on. C-section is easier in some aspects than vaginal birth but the recovery is longer because your lil one came out a way mommies aren't designed to um act as a doorway. So remeber when baby uses the emergency exit:laugh: it is going to take some time to get the door closed. The uterus has a lot to recover from.
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    Options
    Unfortunately, not for me. But, I had large twins. And two very large babies after that. Crunches and situps help reduce mine, but w/out surgery(expensive), I'm doing the next best thing. Tightening up everything possible. Good luck-Chris.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just a side note. I read your comments and see you have had 3 c-sections. Although financially you might think surgery isn't an option, it is a lot more affordable than you think. You can pay for it like as small as a credit card payment. I only mention this because 3 c-sections is very traumatic to the human body and surgery might actually be the only way to repair your problem. You can get a free consultation at most all cosmetic surgeons. This way you know if excercising is ever going to help at all. Plus I do see your baby is only 5 months old. It takes a LOT longer to see what your final tummy will be.
  • LaRon
    Options
    Just a side note. I read your comments and see you have had 3 c-sections. Although financially you might think surgery isn't an option, it is a lot more affordable than you think. You can pay for it like as small as a credit card payment. I only mention this because 3 c-sections is very traumatic to the human body and surgery might actually be the only way to repair your problem. You can get a free consultation at most all cosmetic surgeons. This way you know if excercising is ever going to help at all. Plus I do see your baby is only 5 months old. It takes a LOT longer to see what your final tummy will be.

Thank you! Yes, w/3 c-sections, I doubt that my pouch will ever officially go away. I just don't want to have surgery because as it would be nice to have a flat belly, its not that serious for me...lol!:happy: I will just keep eating well and excercising and not wear cut off shirts or bikini's...lol:laugh: Thanks to all for your responses! Be Blessed!:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty much gone but I've only have one and that was almost 3 years ago. But if I remember correctly there was a post here about this a month ago and there was someone here that had a c-section and her stomach is flat as a board. So maybe there is hope:wink:
  • christahollis
    Options
    Your belly pouch really depends on genetics more than anything. The pouch gets its shape from damaged skin and connective tissue, get fatter...and the pouch fills up...thin down, and it'll shrink, but it's unlikely to go away. This is especially true if you've carried weight for a long time. Really athetic people and those with good genes (for resiliant skin) are more fortunate because their bodies react better to the stresses of pregnancy.
    Also...if you're a smoker, it's been demonstrated in clinical studies that it badly damages your skin's ability to re-shape itself, even if you have lucky skin genes. So, if you're a smoker...there's one more reason to quit!
  • LaRon
    Options
    Your belly pouch really depends on genetics more than anything. The pouch gets its shape from damaged skin and connective tissue, get fatter...and the pouch fills up...thin down, and it'll shrink, but it's unlikely to go away. This is especially true if you've carried weight for a long time. Really athetic people and those with good genes (for resiliant skin) are more fortunate because their bodies react better to the stresses of pregnancy.
    Also...if you're a smoker, it's been demonstrated in clinical studies that it badly damages your skin's ability to re-shape itself, even if you have lucky skin genes. So, if you're a smoker...there's one more reason to quit!

Not a smoker...yuck!:sick: I will just stay positive and leave it in God's hands, if its meant for me to have a flat belly, then it will happen! :smile: Thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    2 C-sections here....."kids" are 23 and 27.......still have the "pooch"! :frown: