Nutrisystem

Options
Hey all!

I recently purchases Nutrisystem and I wanted to know what you all thought of it. I just started today. I'm having regrets, but am praying.

Let me know what you all think and if you've had any success with it.

Thanks!

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to make a lifestyle change. You can't just "go on" a diet that you can't wait to "go off." If the Nutrisystem is a bridge for you, it may work, but you have to see it as a preview of the future. If you can't picture yourself eating that way the rest of your life, it's not teaching what you need to learn. If you like the food, then measure the portions they give you and start trying to reproduce them yourself.
  • PDXRunningMom
    Options
    I agree with the PP. You have to do a lifestyle change. Monitor food intake, portion control, exercise etc., this will be your greatest success. The challenge is when you reach goal weight, then what? You won't know how to properly eat the foods that you should be eating. I lost 50 lbs. before I started here last week using another app program and it was successful. I wish you all the best of luck in what ever route you choose.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Lost 40lbs on it a couple years ago but grew tired of the food. I prefer using mfp and just choosing my own healthy foods. Nutrisystem also has a very helpful forum/website similar to mfp.
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i have a friend that does Nutrisystem. I have tried a bite or two of it. The salt in those meals is huge. As every day she is above 2300mg of it. Expensive too. If you are doing this cause of time, have yourself a cooking day and make your "package" meals for the week. That way when you get off Nutrisystem you will have the tools to make your own healthy meals.