I have not eaten all day

Options
After my hour work out this morning at 9am, I didn't feel hungry so I didn't eat breakfest or anything until right now---speical k cereal I know I have to eat but I just don't feel hungry....what's wrong with me?

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Nothing?
  • Brittneyschoice
    Options
    Nothing?
    but isn't unhealthy to not eat because you can make your body go into starvation mode?
  • strela32
    Options
    That's great you are not hungry, but try to eat a little, like a fruit, or something light every few hours at least, or your body is going to stop burning the fat...

Keep up the good work out !:smile:
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    is this an everyday occurrence or just today? If it was just today... your body won't go into starvation mode after one day of eating slightly less. Yes you want to get nutrition into your system, especially after a workout. If you find yourself never hungry after a workout and feel you "need" to eat, then carry around some quick snacks to nibble on and lots of water. This way you are replenishing your body with the nutrients needed.
  • adrianmcgowan
    Options
    that is a long time to go without eating.. but i commend u on the well put effort
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    is this an everyday occurrence or just today? If it was just today... your body won't go into starvation mode after one day of eating slightly less. Yes you want to get nutrition into your system, especially after a workout. If you find yourself never hungry after a workout and feel you "need" to eat, then carry around some quick snacks to nibble on and lots of water. This way you are replenishing your body with the nutrients needed.

I agree, if it's just one day, you'll be fine. I get like that too sometimes.
  • Brittneyschoice
    Options
    That's great you are not hungry, but try to eat a little, like a fruit, or something light every few hours at least, or your body is going to stop burning the fat...

okay thank you =) I thought it was unusual but eat light if I'm mot feeling hungry, got it
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

I agree, if it's just one day, you'll be fine. I get like that too sometimes.

If you're coming off from starvation mode though (I am) I would find something that tastes good to snack on just to get some calories at all. Maybe get Vitamin Water instead of regular water for 50 calories (the kiwi-strawberry is my favorite) or some sort of fruit juice to fill the void. Better something than nothing!
  • Brittneyschoice
    Options
    Its not a everyday thing but it happens often and I feel that its unusual and I differently dont want to hurt myself...ill make sure to nibble on foods when I'm not feeling hungry thanks for the advice =)
  • Lorie66
    Lorie66 Posts: 66
    Options
    You should eat something to help fuel your workouts and try eating the calories you burn too..this could cause you to platue and not loose weight for awhile if you dont' and yes, your body will stop or slow down on calories burning and it starts to store fat instead..I have several days I dont feel like eating but eat 6 small meals instead of 3...this helps me alot.
  • khua0808
    Options
    eat.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    353r2x.jpg
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    eat.

Agreed. Don't starve yourself, especially is you are working out... your muscles will waste away. Protein is really important, and your body needs fuel to function.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I find that if I don't eat breakfast it is easier for me to go until 2 -3 pm without eating anything <--- I haven't done this for months.

Fueling your body is very important for your health - Make eating a habit, try to eat each meal around the same time every day, before you know it your body will be asking for its fuel it self.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Wrong. Your body won't go into starvation mode after a day of not eating.. your body won't store fat after a day of not eating. You don't need to eat every 2 hours.. nor 3... nor 5... After about 18 hours of not eating, your body actually burns MORE fat, up until about 36 hours where your metabolism starts to slow down.

http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Meal Frequency

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

Batman+and+Joker+Diet+Discussion.jpg
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    :D funny!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Wrong sorry but there is no scientific proof for this, actually the whether you consume 1 or 5 meals a day has no impact on metabolic rate and saving the bulk of your calories until later at night works just as well as eating them throughout the day, the difference though is that those who eat the bulk of their cals at night tend to lose less muscle than those whom eat them during the day. There are many diet myths and mantras that have no scientific evidence backing them up, a diet based on real scientific studies gets real results. Not eating breakfast and working out later at night (5 pm) actually has more benefits for fat loss than morning workouts. I was a die had believer in big breakfasts but once I started skipping it I saw a positive change in my body comp, I had gained a lil muscle and shed more fat. So before we post the diet hokum lets get some real science in here so that we do not promote the bullcrap.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Your body needs fuel. Although the time you eat doesn't seem to be critical, you do need to eat.
    I think that for a lot of us, hunger is not really a very good guide (listening to my body didn't do my any favours for 43 years, it kept demanding chocolate!)

So, even if you aren't hungry, you should still eat - try something small and calorie dense (almonds perhaps, or peanut butter) to ensure that your body is getting the energy it needs to stay healthy.
    Don't stress about it if it is a one off, but if this is happening regularly, then perhaps you need to start planning out your calories day and make sure you have eaten them by the end of the day.

Not eating = not healthy in the long term.
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you're asking if its normal to sometimes have no appetite...yeah. And some days, you'll be wondering why you seem to be TRULY HUNGRY after eating a normal sized meal. Variation is...normal. No need to force yourself to eat (or starve yourself on days when your stomach is truly rumbling).

But now you've gotten into the battle of the diets. Some people say you need to eat 6 times a day, others point out that short term fasting (skipping a few meals) is not only not bad for you, but may be good for you.

Here's the thing. If you still have 40/50/60/70 pounds to lose, you don't need to get into all this. Its confusing. Everyone who has had success has found 'the answer,' but its the answer for them. It may not be for you. You can experiment at your leisure, but there is no one 'answer.' So don't stress about normal variation. Only if there is a pattern of no appetite.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I find that I'm hungrier on days that I eat breakfast. Try starting your day with a Special K bar. That should help start your metabolism and jumpstart some cravings for later in the day :)