What are your exercise routines?

Options
I work two jobs and go to school fulltime so I don't have time to go the gym... BUT I want to make time to exercise to get tone for the summer, any quick 30-45 min workouts that you guys suggest??

Replies

• jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered kettlebells. I started with a 15 pound bell but after 3 weeks I need to move up to 20 or 25 lbs.

Do a 20 minute KB workout (make sure you use a heavy enough KB or you're just wasting your time) and then do 25 minutes of HIIT cardio. This should burn about 500 caloris in less than an hour if your intensity is high enough.
  • loftus2005
    Options
    google "tabata" its definately something you can do at home or on a lunch break!!! lots of different options!!!!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I do step aerobics at home for 40-45 minutes, and I burn between 450-550 calories every time.
  • annaquarium
    annaquarium Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone, check out the Nike Training Club app! I do it before class in my room, and it only takes 30 minutes. It's a good workout, and it tracks your progress for you. Plus it's free, which is awesome.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I love to mix it up.

At home, I like to do Turbofire and P90X, but I also like to do the CrossTrain series on exercise.com.

I'm sure you've heard a lot about P90X and Turbofire, but with Exercise.com, you can do the 30-min routines online and workout to my own music (make you a free playlist on Grooveshark.com and blast it through your computer, lol). They have video clips of trainers doing the exercises the same time you do them. Pretty neat. And most of their programs are free.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If I need to do something quick, I'll usually YouTube some ab exercises, and maybe some Zumba also.
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I choose to sleep 7 hours instead of 8 a few times a week and just make the workouts happen. Exercise gives me the energy and I don't feel deprived. On a time crunch, I run. It is instantly available and requires no set up time or equipment.. just pandora on my iphone and running shoes.