How many times a day do you eat?

Options
How many times a day do you eat? Is it a set time, or just when you get hungry?

Replies

• angela72023
    Options
    I try to eat atleast six times a day. Most important to eat first thing in the morning to get your.metabolism started back up. If I eat less often I don't lose as much.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Usually 4-5x a day
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    4 times per day, every 3 hours on weekdays

weekends - whenever I get hungry
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    As many times as it takes for me to be satisfied. I don't eat at certain times. I eat when I'm hungry.
  • ComeAroundSundown
    ComeAroundSundown Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I only eat when I'm hungry. Every day is different.
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    5-6x a day. 3 regular meals and 2-3 smaller meals.
  • kayleystar
    kayleystar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I only eat when I'm hungry. Usually 2-3 full meals a day, and then snacks a couple of times a day to stave off hunger, and keep me going during my workouts!! :)
  • belladonna_3k
    Options
    Six.. usually very much the same time of the day. I like to be completely done eating by no later than 7pm, so it works best for me to have a set schedule. I eat a healthy balanced breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as small healthy snacks in between breakfast and lunch, between lunch and supper, and one after supper. That way, I am NEVER hungry. :-)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    A minimum of three. Sometimes up to 6.

Edited to admit ... sometimes once ... a slow and steady graze. Sad, but true.
  • JarrodFit4Life
    Options
    I eat approx 4 - 5x per day. Most meals range from 350-450 calories and I try to meet a 50/30/20 ratio.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i eat about 6x a day. it is usually at a set time but that is just because my days are pretty much the same every week so my body is used to eating at these times so this is when i get hungry. ( i eat breakfest, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert)
  • emmafmaurice
    Options
    3-4 times. I try to make breakfast and lunch my big meals and have a glorified snack for tea. little nibbles on fruit or ryvita crackers throughout the day if im peckish, drinking water helps. I find if i have a good breakfast and lunch then i dont tend to snack as much. Especially if im going for a run in the afternoon.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    2-3 depending on the day
  • iooprcntme
    Options
    i eat 4 to 5 times a day 3 small meals and 1 or 2 snacks and i try not to eat after 6 because when it gets later at night ur body gets ready for sleep mode and as i was told by a fitness trainer it ur body doesnt burn it as well as in the active day
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2-3 hours, all day if I can, plus a pre and post workout shake and supplements. Usually 4 meals
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Never really thought about it. I usually eat something in the afternoon, then when evening hits I pretty much eat nonstop from about 6pm to bedtime or so.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i eat 4 to 5 times a day 3 small meals and 1 or 2 snacks and i try not to eat after 6 because when it gets later at night ur body gets ready for sleep mode and as i was told by a fitness trainer it ur body doesnt burn it as well as in the active day

if i didnt eat after 6 by morning i would be chewing my arm off from starvation!!!! it doesnt really matter when you eat your calories during the day. it is more based on the calories you consume within a week
  • davejlee
    davejlee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a day. Largest meal (>50% of cals) after working out.
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options

with is true, unless you are trying to build muscle mass, then usually you have a very high protein snack, low carb meal right before bed to fuel your body while you sleep. ( from my former IFBB trainer, and mentioned multiple times in FLEX and Muscle and Fitness)
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Usually about 4-5 times, I like to eat smaller "meals" so I call them eating events .. and usually have a much easier time feeling full and staying within my calories that way!