Headaches

Options
I was wondering if anyone has gotten headaches from their diet change?? I've been getting headaches daily and I'm not sure if it could have anything to do with my new diet. :sick:

Replies

• elementzdesigns
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has gotten headaches from their diet change?? I've been getting headaches daily and I'm not sure if it could have anything to do with my new diet. :sick:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Where are your headaches? If they are in the front of your head or the back of neck, they could be tension headaches. If it's clustered to one side, could be a migrane. Also, I would watch your blood pressure. I was getting bad headaches in the front of my head and just thought it was tension, and was put on amitriptyline (or however it's spelled) and it didn't work. Turned out I had really high blood pressure. Now I'm on meds for that, and they're gone.

I'd keep a journal of when, where, and how long your headaches last, so you can show your Dr. if you have to.

Hope you feel better! Headaches suck.
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    Hey thanks very much for the tip! The headaches are at the front of my head and face...so I will deffinately check into that!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I remember when I tried South Beach Diet I got really bad headaches because you can't eat any carbs/sugar for the first two weeks and I would get headaches from withdrawls. Have you cut anything out completely like carbs or caffine? It could be your body is having withdrawls from something.
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    I haven't cut them out completely, but I've been using much less sugar lately... and quit eating rice, which was a major part of my diet in the past... Its a Guamanian thing... lol

Someone else mentioned maybe this has something to do with it.

Mahalos!