How many times a day do you eat?

Options

Replies

• TracyCost1
    Options
    I eat some fruit within 30 minutes of waking to get my metabolism going, as I read that some others do too.
    As for how many times I eat a day....5. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner......I drink more water at night or have a cup of tea.
    My snacks are small too: piece of fruit, string cheese, handful of almonds.
    Eating every few hours keeps your metabolism and blood sugar levels even through out the day :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    How many times a day do you eat? Is it a set time, or just when you get hungry?

I work shifts, the shifts vary from week to week. This means I am completely unable to stick to set times, which is a nuisance because when I am off work for a week on holiday or something, I can get into a routine which is lovely.

I eat three times per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) but the times these meals are will vary greatly. If I have enough calories left over I will have a piece of fruit as a snack at night.
  • ShapingAgnes
    ShapingAgnes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    HONESTLY....I snack just about every hour while I am at work. Anyother time I normally eat every 4-6 hours
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Usually at least 4-5 times a day. I try to eat every 3 hours to keep my metabolism burning.
  • PrettyLydie
    PrettyLydie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 0 to 6. I eat when I am hungry, I always try to at least eat something when I get up, but if I'm not hungry, I don't force the issue.
  • RogerF765
    RogerF765 Posts: 113
    Options
    4 to 6 it depends on how hungry I am. It usually ends up being 5. 3 meals with 2 snacks.
  • simplymily
    Options
    usually 5 times a day
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Eating 6x per day made my metabolism so fast I now have to have an IV of food to keepup with my dietary demands.

/sarcasm
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I eat every hour so that is normally about 12-14 meals per day. Need to get my metabolism firing.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    LOL i love you guys xD
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    When I get hungry. Which, for me, is generally around the same times every day. I also have to try and coincide with my daughter eating her meals as it makes my life a million times easier when I don't have a little munchkin trying to crawl into my lap to eat my food. :wink:
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    3-6 times a day depending on if I need snacks.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options

i don't feel satisfied with many small meals, and need the majority of my calories at lunchtime.

Sometimes on weekends it's 2 with a brunch and an early dinner
  • Mandizzlelephant
    Options
    I tend to graze all day and eat a larger portion when I'm actually hungry. I tend to graze on fruits and veggies.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 pre-planned, fabulous meals per day, and no, not when I get hungry,

Hunger is a lie.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    At least 6 times.....all three meals, as well as morning, afternoon and evening snacks.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I just eat and make sure I hit my macros as best as I possible can :D
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I know that it is best to eat little bits every couple of hours but I can't seem to do that at my job... So I eat only 3x per day...sometimes depending on the size of my lunch and or dinner I will allow a 4th time with a small snack... On days that I run it is always 4-5x...but not huge meals, always small.
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Maybe four or five. But I also drink something like soy milk after breakfast if I get hungry again, so certain days it's more like six.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I eat within 15 minute of waking up to get my metabolism revved, then I eat 1 hour pre workout to fuel myself, then 11minutes after my workout to take full advantage of my anabolic window, then again mid afternoon as a pre-dinner, and then a healthy dinner with no carbs (you know, it might be after 6 or something) and then again before bed because I don't want to go and let myself go into starvation mode!