Cooking Yourself Thin

Options
Has anyone heard of that new show starting called Cooking Yourself Thin?

I saw a commercial for it the other day. I think it premiers on Monday on Lifetime. It is on here at 4:00 p.m (I am in Central Time Zone).

It is supposed to be a cooking show, but they show you how to cook things with less calories and fat. It seems like it might be similar to the Hungry Girl books and website.

I think I might check it out. Well, at least set my DVR to record it since I'm not home from work by then.

Just thought others might be interested.

Replies

• jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Has anyone heard of that new show starting called Cooking Yourself Thin?

I saw a commercial for it the other day. I think it premiers on Monday on Lifetime. It is on here at 4:00 p.m (I am in Central Time Zone).

It is supposed to be a cooking show, but they show you how to cook things with less calories and fat. It seems like it might be similar to the Hungry Girl books and website.

I think I might check it out. Well, at least set my DVR to record it since I'm not home from work by then.

Just thought others might be interested.
  • amandalynn89
    Options
    I saw the previews for this the other day too. I need to find it in my guide so I can DVR it. I love to cook so anything that makes it healthier is good in my book :smile:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks i saw a commercial for it a while ago, but i didn't remember when and what channel. I just set my DVR to record it. :flowerforyou:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks,, it's on lifetime, all set to record series, just did a search on the title. :smile:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've got my DVR all set up to record! I hope it's good and has some useful information. I can always use new ideas, or new was to improve on my old ideas. :wink:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Is it three ladies making alternatives for things like chocolate cake?? We had a series called this in the UK a couple of years ago. They take a person and look at what they like to eat normally, and then make healthier alternatives for them. The person then goes away to try the new recipes for 6 weeks and tries to see if they can lose a stone. In the UK one there was always a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen which said something like ' the participant was encouraged to exercise at least three times a week'.

It was quite interesting in how you can substitute ingredients for others in your cooking to save on calories and fat, but I don't remember any of the recipies being very low calorie like the hungry girl ones are...it just seemed to be about making better choices...but we all need help with that sometimes.

http://www.channel4.com/food/on-tv/cook-yourself-thin/series-1/advice/index.html

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/healthy/cook-yourself-thin/pasta-carbonara-with-spices-recipe_p_1.html
  • ekalcur
    ekalcur Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I believe it's a direct off-shoot from the UK version. Harry is on the US version and I think she was on the British version as well. She's delightful...I love her!

I set the DVR to record the series and within a week I had like 25 episodes on there. The show is great, but rather than watch them all, I just see what they're making at the beginning of the episode and then I watch if it's something I'd like to learn about.
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    I tivo that show. I am wanting the cookbook! The stuff they make is amazing and I'm not one that really knows how to cook healthy so I have really enjoyed the show.
  • vanessa915
    vanessa915 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love the "Cook Yourself Thin" show! I've become addicted to it! I thought about getting the cookbook, but you can print all of the recipes right off of the mylifetime.com website.

I've already tried:
    Sweet and sour pork - very yummy! Even my picky husband liked it, and we've already had it twice.
    Sweet potato fries - Very tasty, but they don't seem to get crispy in the oven
    Risotto w/ spring vegetables - Very yummy, but don't try to sub short grain brown rice for the arborio...It just doesn't come out right.

We're having the Mini Turkey Meatloaves and roasted vegetables for dinner tonight, and I'm planning on making the Oatmeal Cookies as well.

I love it because many of the ingredients I already have in my pantry. I just pick up one or two additional things at the store and I'm good to go!

Vanessa