The skinny side of the store.

Options
I have recently been able to buy a few clothing items in the "Skinny side of the store". I was so excited when I tried on clothing in my normal area, "The plus size side", and nothing would fit me. I happily made my way over to the other side to find clothing that would fit my new found figure. What suprised me, was that as soon as I saw my size sitting next to sizes 0,2,4 ect. I freaked out. I suddenly became so self consious. I felt like I didnt belong there and that everyone was watching me, wondering why the fat girl was shopping on the skinny side. Ive been back to the store a few times and I cant shake the feeling that I dont belong on that side and that everyone knows it. Maybe its just all in my head because I havent been able to shop on that side my entire adult life, but it is slightly ruining something that I should take much pride in and enjoy a great deal. Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• shabounds
    Options
    OMG you SO deseve to be there! Don't be self conscious, just be humble and remember where you came from. You have come so far and you DESERVE to feel proud of yourself.