Need help to lose 10 more pounds

Options
I'm 5'2. I started at 150 pounds two years ago but I currently weigh around 128. For a while I was around 125, but since it's so cold outside I haven't been running as frequently and I didn't do a good job counting my calories over the holidays so I gained a little.

I work out every day for the most part. This morning I ran 6 miles. Yesterday I did an hour long muscle pump class followed by Body Combat. I eat around 1200 calories a day. Tomorrow I will do cycling class in the morning, followed by muscle pump and body combat in the afternoon. This is pretty standard for me. Over the weekend, I usually run into some temptation (courtesy of my boyfriend who has an amazing metabolism) and eat around 1500. I usually work out at his place too-- I'll either run on or do a Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 workout. It sucks weighing myself after the weekend, where I usually end up weighing an extra five pounds from indulging in some fried food here, a margarita there, etc. I don't understand how that is considering I eat 1200 calories pretty strictly during the week and still work out during the weekend.

I do have a desk job so I imagine my metabolism is pretty low. Recently I even upped my protein uptake 90g a day since MFP originally had me eating a lot of carbs. Does anyone have any other ideas for me?

I've seen some posts where people are told to eat more but it seems like when I eat more heartily over the weekend I always gain weight! I know it's silly but after losing 25 pounds I do not want to see my weight ever go up drastically again. I'm afraid that by trying to eat more I will sacrifice all my hard work.

Replies

• julieinomaha
    Options
    Wow it sounds like you are putting in a lot of exercise to still be disappointed trying to get off that last bit. Several trainers told me that you may need to evaluate your target weight if you are building quite a bit of muscle which you may be considering your exercise levels. They also recommended trying the Paleo diet to get off any stubborn fat that you are trying to get rid of. When I combined paleo with running I lost inches off my thighs which had been there forever. I too need to lose another 5 lbs but have decided to exercise and try and stay even through the cruddy winter. It is too hard to continue getting it off so close to target weight through the least active time of year. I figure if I keep running to stay at even then when I step it up a bit and get closer to spring it will be easier to get focused and go back to Paleo diet. Sometimes just to entrench and not fall backward too far is a good break that you need to then get recharged to get to your goal. A pause is NOT the same as giving up and losing ground.

Best of luck
  • cheermaz
    Options
    I'm having this same problem...i have 10lbs to go and it progress is happening but at a painful rate.

Maybe get measurements of muscle and fat percentage and water percentage to get a more accurate idea of where you are at. Make sure you are drinking lots as all the exercise could be dehydrating you so your body retains water.

julieinomaha what is Paleo? My thighs are my stubborn area!!
  • cheermaz
    Options
    Also....maybe try small and frequent meals too! This helps speed up your metabolism and is a great way to fend off cravings :)
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    According to my body composition scale (I'm not sure how correct it is. It was only like $30), these are my stats. I weighed myself this morning after cycling class so I'm not sure how that would affect the results:

Body fat- 19 percent
    Body muscle- 45.8 percent
    Body water- 63.4 percent
    Bone mass- 8.4 (this worries me. Shouldn't I be at least above 10? I drink plenty of skim milk every day and eat Greek yogurt and fat-free cheese daily too?)

The paleo diet is interesting but I eat a lot of soy protein since I don't eat a lot of meat. I'm not sure how I could feed my muscles on paleo! I do love my veggie burgers. ;)
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? I'd appreciate any help!!