Mega sweet tooth

Options
So I have a bad case of sweet tooth and it always gets me in the end.

I know moderation is a good element, but when I have multiple cravings throughout the day for various sweets (chocolate, ice cream, ect), I'd prefer to have something healthy to satisfy that.

What's a good-for-you alternative to nomming not-so-great for you snacks?

Replies

• Mandizzlelephant
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I eat a lot of fruit, yogurt, and I eat vegan chocolate truffles from my friends shop. One per day is pretty healthy.
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    To help my chocolate craving I eat fit and active 100 chocolate chip thin crisps & I also dream chocolate weight loss shakes,
    They seem to help my sweet tooth.
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hershey's nuggets. Only 50 calories each. Break one in half and let it melt...do not chew. One (or two) will totally satisfy me and break the craving and it's not a diet food...it's actual real chocolate
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit is fantastic!
    Also, slice a banana in half and put a few chocolate chips in. Wrap in tin foil, put it in the oven for a while and enjoy!
  • vellacraptor
    Options
    Thanks! I'll be sure to try some of these!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Extra Dessert Delights gum often helps with a sweet craving, love the key lime and mint chocolate flavors.
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    Atkins Endulge Caramel Nut Chew Bars are delicious!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    To help my chocolate craving I eat fit and active 100 chocolate chip thin crisps & I also dream chocolate weight loss shakes,
    They seem to help my sweet tooth.

What are Dream Chocolate Weight Loss Shakes, and where do you get them?
  • BethTaylor93
    BethTaylor93 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I found this on another blog...I LOVE cheesecake, but it doesn't love me back. Instead, I bought low fat graham crackers, top with light chream cheese and sugar free preserves. 2 crakers are 220 calories. It is sooooooo good and satisfies my sweet tooth quite nicely. Good luck.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Extra Dessert Delights gum often helps with a sweet craving, love the key lime and mint chocolate flavors.

i love the apple pie and orange cream pop gum too! :) i know it sounds kinda weird, but the apple pie is really really good!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hershey Kisses! They only have like 22 calories per kiss, I think a serving is between 6 and 9 of them. Pop one in your mouth when you get that craving and let it melt, don't just chew it.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    Extra Desserts flavored gum - my new fav is the Apple Pie...there are so many now that you can pretty much nip any craving in the bud. I also have found that if it's REALLY a bad craving day at the office - if I have a Diet Root Beer and drink it really slowly, it seems to help. I actually set it next to my water and sip the water in between the soda...it works for me - good luck to you!!:flowerforyou:
  • mse123
    mse123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When i get the sweet tooth craving i have a 1/2 bar 72% dark chocolate from trader joes, 140 calories and that takes care of the sweet tooth !
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with 2 tsp brown sugar mixed in. Tastes a lot like cookie dough.
  • karenwalker666
    Options
    Roasted almonds with cinnamon! It tastes like christmas!

Granola bars help me also :)
  • aNEWuNme
    Options
    I chew gum or eat a square of Godiva or Ghirrardeli dark chocolate - only about 60 calories and very rich! I also like to drink crystal light a few times a day instead of plain water. It seems to keep the sweet tooth at bay :) Sometimes, I slice up an apple, put zero calorie spray butter on it, then top it with cinnamon and splenda or stevia, and let it cook in the oven. Tastes like apple pie filling.
  • cebsel07
    Options
    Luna bars are also made especially for women and the calories content is alot less that a candy bar plus it fills you for a few hours. :happy:
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I found this on another blog...I LOVE cheesecake, but it doesn't love me back. Instead, I bought low fat graham crackers, top with light chream cheese and sugar free preserves. 2 crakers are 220 calories. It is sooooooo good and satisfies my sweet tooth quite nicely. Good luck.

I am loving you for this idea. I love love cheese cakes but haven't had one since I started my weight loss journey. will try this soon on low fat grahams. Thanks a ton. :smile:
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options

This totally helped me out with my cravings... I got the mint chocolate chip gum and love it! plus it's only 5 calories :)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I eat Dove dark chocolate (42 cals a piece) and edy's 1/2 fat chocolate fudge brownie ice cream (120 cal)...which is amazing. I refused dessert pizza at a buffet the other day for my ice cream when I got home. I also make deals with myself, like if I eat this candybar, then I have to work out for 30 minutes. I never deprive myself, and that's what has keeped me going for over a year.