Down 80lbs Officially in 7months (PHOTO)...

Options

Replies

• jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Great job! I cannot believe how different your face looks! Truley amazing and inspiring! You should feel so proud of yourself and good luck with the rest of your goals!
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring!

Would you mind giving us all a few tips on how you did it? (eating patterns, workouts, mind games etc.?) :-)

ok, i am totally being obnxious and posting too much, but i am trying to respond to everyone-

how did i do it? i think i was ready for starters. i don't know what happened, but i just decided i couldn't deal with the way i looked and the way i felt. i had gone to the doctor and not only was i just ridiculously overweight, but i had second degree sunburn from memorial day weekend. i was just mortified and my doctor was like you suck at life (well he didnt say that, but he may as well have)

so i started really slow- but the first chunk of weight (like 15lbs) came off really fast and that helped me to feel like i could keep it up. when i went back to my doctor 6 weeks later, i was down 27lbs. he was like "if this were a test you would get an a+" so that really gave me the boost to keep it up.

as far as what i do- it is not the healthiest, and i will be the first to admit it, but i had to do what worked for me. so 90% of what i eat is pre-measured, pre-packaged and microwavable. essentially, my own version of nutrisystem. i basically live on lean cuisines, skinny cow ice cream, string cheese, special k w vanilla soy milk. probably once a week i eat actual vegetables and grill a chicken breast or a nice cut of filet, but that is pretty much it. i eat 1200 calories a day and have done so this whole time. i am an event planner, so if i have an event and am running around like a crazy person all day, i try to eat a couple of hundred more to make up for the activity, but that's it. but i do log EVERYTHING- alcohol included (and in the process of mourning there have been many days where dinner was liquid, but i have cut that back quite a bit since the holidays)

and now that i feel like i have a better handle on what works and what doesn't, i have been able to incorporate more "normal" food into my life. like eating ham and mashed potatoes at christmas didn't stress me out, i just ate really small portions and that was fine for me. because nothing tastes as good as it feels when i weigh myself or people comment on the weight loss.

i recommend doing what works for you. i always make this point- if i werent eating lean cuisine pizzas, i would be ordering pizza. so for me, that works. i plan to start exercising and attempting to eat more fresh food in the coming months, but i am one of those people that will just wake up one day and be like, ok, today is the day. it's just how i am. when i feel like i am pressured to make changes, i tend to shut down and make things worse for myself.

so that's pretty much it, feel free to friend me or send me a PM for more deets.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.... great job.... and keep it up! You've been thru a lot, but you've hung in there.... Fantastic job!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done so great! Doing it in only 7 months too.... amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • ShrinkyDinkie
    Options
    incredible!!!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look great! 80lbs is a great accomplishment!
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!
  • chefswife07
    chefswife07 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! You are such an inspiration to me!! I just started last week. It's nice to see it can be done. Thank you for sharing!!
  • Nita_B
    Nita_B Posts: 20
    Options
    Very nice...happy for you!!
  • pepperann44
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    First you look amazing and are doing a fabulous job. Second, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I have a white boxer too and he is amazing. Hugs!:flowerforyou:
  • Vanessavelezwyche
    Options
    I just read your post and I want to thank you. I need to lose about 80 lbs and I feel like it is out of reach for me. But reading this made me feel inspired. Thank you, Now I feel that this is not out of reach for me.
  • RitaTesta
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations!
  • SouthernBeauty89
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! :)
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic!! You have done a great job and it shows. What a difference!
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ditto the others who said they feel overwhelmed by their goal but seeing you rock it is inspiring! You look wonderful and good for you for succeeding despite hard times!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WOW :drinker:
  • dad040859
    Options
    From one pittie lover to another, very nice. Always remember, tomorrow morning is God's gift of another new journey; you and only you can choose how you will approach the day...you are an inspiration! Thank you!
  • itsjustpaper28686
    Options
    Congrats! I was just about to write a post about what people think about being able to lose weight without exercising. But now I know it's possible. You look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!