can i buy running shoes online?

Options
am i just wasting my money if i try to buy nice running shoes online? or do i need to go to a store that will look at my feet and determine a type for me? my feet tend to hurt after a day of wearing shoes that don't fit well and i'd love to have a pair of running shoes that i LOVE and don't ever bother me, that i could sleep in!
thanks experienced runners!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You can... but I'd highly recommend going to a shoe store and getting fitted, or at least trying them on first. Once you know what suits you, you can look for a better price online (if you're prepared to wait and not buy them on the spot :smile:)
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have purchased my running shoes online many times but I did get fitted & analyzed at a Runners shoes store. They will provide all the info you need to get properly fitted to a shoe that suits your running style. Once you know the info, Online is fair game & you can get really nice prices on top brand shoes. Good luck!
  • reagansmom05
    Options
    ok thanks! i wonder if this little town i just moved to has a running store...? lol! [goldsboro, nc]
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to a running store and have someone help you. Yes it's expensive, but after that, you should be able to buy them online because you'll know what to look for. That's what I did. I paid $100 for a nice pair of running shoes and now i just buy them online for sometimes half the price.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to a running store and have someone help you. Yes it's expensive, but after that, you should be able to buy them online because you'll know what to look for. That's what I did. I paid $100 for a nice pair of running shoes and now i just buy them online for sometimes half the price.

Oh and don't waste the running shoes store's time if you are planning on going in just to get sized and walk out the door to go buy online. They spend a lot of time with you and walking out to find a cheaper price after getting that free service is a slap in the face. I used to work in a bicycle pro shop and it was so annoying, the people who did that. Buy the shoes once to show them appreciation for their time.... unless of course you don't care about that.