Lunch Ideas

Options
Trying to think of some new lunch ideas to bring to work and need some suggestions!

Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I make soups in my crock pot and freeze them into serving sizes.
    Beans and rice make a good hot easy-to-heat-up lunch--can make as spicy as you want. I add lime juice and chopped cilantro and lots of cumin.
    Salads with dressing on the side, and turkey bacon crumbles that I make ahead of time for a good protein (also makes boring salad majorly yummy).
    Chicken salad made with avocado instead of mayo on crackers or pita bread. (You can find good avocado chicken salad recipes online)
    Last nights leftovers!
    Turkey meatballs and sweet potato fries (I buy both frozen at Trader Joe's and cook ahead of time then heat in the microwave)
    Pulled pork on a bed of shredded cabbage/carrots in a vinaigrette dressing (love this one!! so flavorful, and if you make the pork from tenderloin it has a low fat content, or shred chicken in the same way)
    Tandoori chicken on naan

As you can see...I generally like to eat hot food for lunch that I microwave at work, and it's easy because I cook once or twice a week and then freeze stuff, so I have my choice of what to eat each day based on my freezer supply.
  • lugiesgirl
    lugiesgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I fix mine and my husband's lunch the night before. I bought a three compartment tupperware dish. One I do fruits and the large one for a sandwhich, wrap, or lettuce with egg salad and triscuits, and the third compartment I put goldfish and pretzels...and yes I count the amount of goldfish and crackers for my serving size. Its crazy how full you get off all the food even though it doesn't look like much. I also have started drinking a ton of water. Haven't given up my coffee yet though..lol. If you haven't already check out pintrest and search for bento boxes..they have some AWESOME lunch ideas and simple.
  • Katty26
    Options
    These all sound like great ideas! Thanks!! :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary; I tend to get creative :)