Newbie from Chicago

Options
Hey everyone! I'm not technically overweight based on my BMI, but I really need some to come off to look like the Shape modelI put as motivation in my profile pictures:) (or some SOMEWHAT close, lol!)
I've always been between 125-140 and got up to 152 this winter. I'm back down to 140, but want to use this site to get back down to the 125 range.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • abbie3857
    abbie3857 Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow - so similar it's almost scary! Right down to the city :noway:

I'm 28 and up until about a year ago I've always been 125-140 normally right around 135 which is where I would like to get back to. I got up to 158 and am down to 153 but having a hell of a time getting lower than that. I'll be happy to just fit in my old jeans, not sure the pic on your profile is in my sights anymore! :sad:
  • katyp26
    katyp26 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ha, we sound just like each other! It is totally still in your sights- at least I have to believe that for my own good!! The funny thing is when I WAS skinny, I didn't know it. So this time when I get there I am going to fully appreciate it :)
  • Jerickahawke
    Options
    Hello. I am a newbie from Monroe, Connecticut. I am currently 140lbs and would like to also get to be around 120-115. I used to be 92lbs when I got pregnant with my first child - 19 years ago. I am currently adhering to a 1200 calorie diet. Do you have any meal suggestions?
  • katyp26
    katyp26 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am the wrong girl to ask about meal suggestions!! I don't cook much, but trying to make the effort! We have similar stats/goals though, good luck!!
  • carey29
    carey29 Posts: 2
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I'm the same way! Not "overweight" by BMI or doctor standards, but sure don't fit into most of my clothes from a yr ago...those darn milk duds (and that darn break-up). I've got about 15 pounds I would like to lose...it seems just as hard too!