Hello Everyone!

Options
I'm 31 years old and have a lot of weight to lose. I am a science teacher and own a photography business on the side. Being busy and the convenience of fast food has been my downfall. I have been using MFP on and off (mostly off) for a while, but this is the first I've been on the forum. I don't know what changed, but I finally realized that I need to get healthy. I have always been big/athletic, but now I am just plain fat (and have been for a while). I miss playing sports and am ready for change. I have 4 wonderful kids, and I want to be around to see them grow up.

Here in January my wife's family started a biggest loser style competition with weight loss, so it has been nice to have some support. By using MFP and going to the gym I have been able to lose 19 lbs since 1/3/12. I am feeling great about myself and have a ton of motivation going forward. I have done crash dieting in the past and taken off the weight, but it always comes back. I'm hoping this time is different.

Anyways. Hello everyone!

Drew

Replies

• tmjones0822
    Options
    HELLO!!!! My problem currently is time management :ohwell:

I cannot seem to find the time to exercise. I am eating okay and not drinking sodas, but I work till 7, have 2 kids and there isnt enough hours in the day. I want to feel better and look better. So i am determined to do this! But I am needing help figuring out the time thing. Because by the time the kids are bathed, fed and put in bed its past 9pm and I am ready for bed myself lol and in the morning I get up early but I am getting everyone ready and you know the drill. I do have days off and I have been working out on those days and I have been taking the stairs alot more so every little bit helps.
  • mattkellett
    Options
    hello everyone from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I am a Wellness Director of an Executive in down town Calgary. After competing in my first fitness show, my body needed a break plus I was dealing with an vision problem which did not allow me to workout for almost a full year. I am a personal trainer also, who understands how hard it is to "get started" again. I have 90% of my clients using this site to be "accoutnable" to thier nutrition, and for the instant feed back that this site.

drop me a line if you ever have training or nutritional questions

good luck to you all, it is long term consistant effort that gives you the result.

Matt.
  • sectornine
    sectornine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    tmjones - I also cut out sodas, and I think that has been a huge factor. As far as time, I feel for you. I have only been able to squeeze in 2 times a week (maybe 3) at the gym right after work or on weekends. The days that I can't make the gym I have to improvise. This may sound stupid, but my wife purchased the game "Just Dance 3" for the Wii. I have been doing that with her at night after the kids go to bed, and let's just say wow. After about 30 minutes of that my heart is racing and I am sweating. I'm sure I look like a total dork while doing it, but I think it will be worth it.

Drew