new here working mom

Options
Hi! I have been on a little over a week and would love some fellow working moms to friend me for support. I think its a challenge to keep it all going plus take time for ourselves and would appreciate support/advice/laughs from other moms!

Replies

• dreamzvt
    Options
    Hi, I am one of your fellow working moms :) Single too. Like you, I would like lots of friends to learn from and lose with.

Please feel free to Add me. I have 73lbs to go.

I joined in September but wasn't fully committed then and fell off, Since the end of December I have committed myself fully. Finally ready to lose, lose, lose and be healthy and Skinny!
  • mikesmom81303
    mikesmom81303 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela,

Also a working mom of 2 here. I think one of the things that has helped me was to really plan what I am going to eat. I ALWAYS bring lunch. As working moms, we are perpetually multitasking and taking advantage of every minute we have in the day. The same is true of eating. I am fortunate enough to be home in time to cook every night so I make something that is filling and satisfying and won't ruin my day, but yet is appealing to the whole family. My kids are big veggie eaters, so I'm able to give them almost anything and they will eat it. Like I said, planning is a big key.

I am one of those people who can lose it when I try, but must stay on the wagon in order to maintain my weight loss. Back in 2009 I lost 25lbs from the first day of school until Christmas break (I'm a teacher). It took 2 years, but I put it all back on again because I stopped being conscious of what I ate. I turned lazy again. I didn't bring lunch anymore and just ran out to get pizza, or worse, at the cafeteria food! I noticed that my energy level went through the floor and that my kids were eating so much junk. For the new year, I started not only eating better myself, but feeding my children better as well. Now I can feel like I am a better parent too!

I've lost about 5lbs since the first of the year which isn't bad. I know what to do, I just have to do it!
  • lonestarlada
    lonestarlada Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I hear you! I'm also a working mom, and single too. I have a busy profession with crazy hours and lots of work to take home. Now that I'm single, I need to keep the job to maintain a workable financial situation. Overall, life is what it is, and I'm not in a position to change anything except myself. I agree with you all. It's tough just getting groceries and cooking, helping with homework, running kids to piano lessons or what have you, cleaning, etc. etc. after work, let alone getting to the gym. I too find that I put myself at the end of my to-do list. It's not just about finding time to plan, it's also about finding time to execute my plans. I can't have Cheerios for dinner at 10-11 pm anymore between loads of laundry! lol! Not good. So the result - I'm 100 lbs overweight. I've smartened up now. I recently saw some pictures of myself and saw how huge I am and realized, no wonder I'm constantly exhausted! I've got to lose weight so I can find more energy to get on with all I need to do. I need to be a better role model for my kid with respect to my health, self-esteem, confidence and of course, eating habits. So, Angela, it was nice to have sent a friend request to you. If anyone else would like to take on the "battle of the bulge" with me, please send me a friend request. Good luck to all! We can do it!