Walking/Running distance apps - Android

Options
Anyone have any good suggestions for a walking/running Android app that will work well indoors? The gymnasium at my kids' school has a walking track upstairs over looking the basketball court. I was thinking of starting to walk there during my son's Tuesday practices but I would like to know how far I'm walking. It's a weird measurement and you have to go around 17.5 times to get a mile (like I said, weird).

Any suggestions.

Replies

• Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few goods one out there & Free to boot! There's CardioTrainer(really good!) IMapMyRun, EndoMondo, RunKeeper And actually they are all pretty good & pretty simiar. Working indoors however is Sketchy at best. The phones GPS has to have clear view of the sky to pick up the satellites otherwise it won't be accurate at all. Try them all to see if any work well indoors & go with that.
    Good luck :wink:
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I had actually tried EndoMondo and didn't like how I couldn't get it to stop. It would not close and kept running on my notification bar. I had to uninstall to get it to stop. I HAD to have been doing something wrong but my battery was almost drained when I started using it and it was going down faster with it running. I'll try the others and see what I can figure out.

Thanks again!
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good question, bump, my gym has the same 17 lap thing.
  • AlyBelden
    Options
    My husband uses Map My Run on his phone and he really likes it. He runs outdoors, though, so I'm not sure how it will work inside. I usually use the treadmill, so I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to start running outside soon & will start with that app. Good luck!
  • mareowner
    Options
    I like imapmyrun... not sure how consistent it works indoors... some aps have a pedometer setting that might work better.