fruit

Options
I've been trying to get better about staying in the green with my nutrients too, but I wondering if going over in sugar is OK if the sugar is from fruit and not candy bars? :)

Replies

• stephanielindley422
    Options
    anyone?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You'll get different opinions on this from different people - in my opinion I don't get stressed about going over sugar if its mostly from fruit - because that sugar is coming in a healthy package together with fibre, nutrients etc.

Having siad that, there still needs to be a limit - Aussie recommendations are for 2 fruit and 5 veg a day which I think is a pretty good guide.
  • lbencomo
    lbencomo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    my personal opinion is if you get the nutrients your supose to get for the day and are staying away from processed sugar then your ok.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    my dietician told me not to worry about sugars from fruits, and to keep added sugars to 35g a day.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about sugars that come from fruit, fruit juice, or greek yogurt.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    I always eat fruit - i figure it's better then a candy bar or chips for a snack.

I have cut out fruit juice though, because most of what I have found is from concentrate, which generally will have sugar added in.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    You'll get different opinions on this from different people - in my opinion I don't get stressed about going over sugar if its mostly from fruit - because that sugar is coming in a healthy package together with fibre, nutrients etc.

Having siad that, there still needs to be a limit - Aussie recommendations are for 2 fruit and 5 veg a day which I think is a pretty good guide.

This is 10000000% true!

Although I have around 4 portions of fruit a day :)