Moms do not have to settle for less...pics

Options
I am a mother of 5, and with each pregnancy I gained weight. Even if I didn't gain too much during the pregnancy, I focused so much on taking care of the baby and my family, that I was on the back burner. After my last baby, I knew I didn't want to say, "well, I'm a mom, so this is just how my body will look now". I refused. I put myself first and started myfitnesspal and making sure I had time to workout. The real change was when I ordered Turbofire from Beachbody. At first, I cried with the first workout, because it was so fast and I could hardly puff my way through it or follow the routines. But I didn't quit. After a few weeks I felt stronger and could do more. After a few more weeks I was powering through pushing myself and feeling great. The inches flew off like crazy and the lbs kept going down. Before I knew it, I hit my goal weight and lost over 11 inches off my waist. The first before and afters are at that point. I was so surprised about the muscles that formed from Turbofire. (Check out my back!)

I kept up the eating healthy and staying active and my weight continued to go down naturally. The last photo was of yesterday, and I officially lost 50 lbs total! I have exceeded my own dreams. I had "in your dreams" clothes in my closet in a box that I never thought I could fit into again. They fit, size 6, and not tight.

We don't have to settle, just because "we look good for having kids" (I always hated that). We can look good for just finding our natural healthy weight! Put yourself first, and you will be a better mother and wife that you want to be.

p90xBefore2.jpg

beforeafter1.jpg

p90xBefore1.jpg

2011fit.jpg

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You're an inspiration to mothers everywhere. Way to go!
  • nardz04
    nardz04 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    that really is amazing! i have just had my second baby and want to look like the hot 24 year old that i should be not a mum! what is turbofire? i think i need to try it
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! I have turbo fire, but I haven't started it yet.. Will do soon!! Keep up the good work!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This gives me hope...awesome job
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You look great!
  • Emery313
    Options
    You look awesome! I have to say though even in the before's you look pretty dang good for having 5 kids!!! Congrats on your success!!
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Definitely look great! I'm a mother of 4 and I am so motivated by those pix. Thanks for taking the time to post
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Thanks for posting!
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! And I HATE it when people tell me I look good "for having 3 kids"....can I not just LOOK GOOD?!?! lol...you are a fab motivator!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hot mama! Pun intended! :)
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC girlie! Thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look great, and I agree, it is an excuse that you can't look good because of kids and you "look good for having kids" is a total cop out!! I love it when people are shocked when I tell them I have an 8 and 10 year old - LOVE IT!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    U looking amazing.....Hot Mama indeed..wtg lady....congrats
  • Beautybeyondmyskin
    Beautybeyondmyskin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Now that is what Im talking about girl you LOOK GREAT !!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for this post ..It has shed alot of light as to where I want to be!! I am a mother of 3 and can not wait until I get to my goal!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Keep logging your foods and eat your exercise calories and do not go below 1200 calories for your net, it just hampers your progress, I promise. Keep it up!
  • Fitmom4boys
    Fitmom4boys Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Mom of 4 boys...also want to be better than ever...not settle for the mom jeans! But really eat the excercise points? Just started today and was surprised how many calories burned by kiskboxing class...do you think you lose faster if you eat some of those cal too!
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • dlei456
    dlei456 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible!!!!! Great job!
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    NOW YOUR WHAT YOU CALL AWESOME.... YOUR PERFECTOOOOOO
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Awesome job, and thank you for the inspiration! just curious what is Turbo fire? I know it is one of the beach body fitness workouts, but is there a big difference in that and Insanity?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!