Sugar???

Options
2»

Replies

• islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the source. I don't consider natural fructose from fruits or juices (i never buy juice with sugar added) when I look at sugar. It's only sucrose and unnatural sources like high fructose corn syrup that are unhealthy. Though, in the pursuit of reducing sugar be wary of turning to artificial sugars like aspartame...which not only is a nasty chemical, it gain force your body to gain weight (along with almost 100 other side effects).
  • Finneyfaery
    Options
    Sugar is sugar. Natural or refined. It's all the same to the body. Eat a banana or a snickers bar. Your blood sugar will react the same way. Of course there's more nutrition in the banana. But hey are both sugar. Seriously...check out the ebook. It's very informative. Things I already knew, but just had a hard time applying. And many people are "sugar sensitive".. Addicted to it and want admit it. It's easier to give up than you'd think though. If Ivan do it, anyone can! I can't believe I don't get the cravings I was before. Sugar and added sugars, natural alike, sweeteners too..they all cause you to want to eat more and never really feel satisfied. You just have no idea unless you try it to see what I am saying. Not giving it up forever..it's not realistic, it's in just about everything, but it's just nice to know that it doesn't have power over me. I can now say no because I want to..not because I think I have to and I'm depriving myself. No one "needs" sugar..it's just something we crave that we shouldn't in the first place. I just find it interesting. Wanted to try it and ended up loving the effects it's had on me. People get offensive over the idea of someone cutting sugar..like it's affecting them in some way...or like it's unhealthy. I've just always wanted to be able to be disciplined when it comes to sweets. I always over do it, because of addiction. Thinking I need sugar after meals and whatnot. Just nice to know I can say no and mean it. There is actually no desire. I can't get over it because I was constantly wanting sweets. If you want to lose belly fat, gain energy, clarity and just feel good..cut out the sugar. The first step to getting over addiction is admitting.. America thrives on sugar.. Simply because of addiction. :)
  • Finneyfaery
    Options
    I've been at this weight loss thing a long time now and it's all been a matter of trial and error for me. I can tell you keeping your carb intake below 120g a day and your sugar below 15g a day, will help you to lose the bulge. But trying to keep it to the minimum on sugar is best. Drink plenty of water as well. Everyone has blood sugar, diabetic or not. And when you eat sugar, your insulin levels are raised..causing you to hang onto fat. Keep your blood levels stable and you are able to lose weight.
  • Finneyfaery
    Options
    Man I hate auto correct......
  • Sandra82874
    Options
    Yes fruit is high in sugar (carbs) but they are good carbs even though you can't have many of those either. My mom is a diabetic on insulin and her sister is a diabetic on pills, one of my motivations for losing the weight because some people say that this disease is inherited. I have also adjusted to the carb diet and a good snack is gramham crackers with PB, or Ritz crackers with cheese. The carb counting is not hard to do but it DOES take some getting use to.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Finney says "Sugar is sugar. Natural or refined. It's all the same to the body."

I reckon fuel is fuel. It's all the same to the body. Sugar-related diseases aside, as a smart person pointed out above.
  • Finneyfaery
    Options
    Well like I said, I've lost almost 100.. Through exercise and lowering the carb intake over time... Each time getting lower. Was at a weight loss plateau for two years. Just toning up more but nothing lost. And finally I had a break thought by keeping carbs below 120.. Usually 50-80 a day. Started losing weight again.. The no sugar thing was just an experiment I ended up enjoying. But I've found what works for me and just liked passing it along to HELP those that might be feeling lost. But keep eating the high sugar and carbs. Let me know how that works out for you :) some can eat it and it doesn't mess with them..but with most, it's an issue that gets over looked because we like to tell ourselves we "need" it.
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    And another...
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/artificial-sweeteners/MY00073

And now I'll do some work lol