Healthy, cheap, simple family cooking websites?

Options
I o its a lot to ask but does anyone know of any websites that do recipes for meals I can make for my family that aren't to fancy or expensive to make but still healthy.

I really want to do this weight loss sensibly and find myself going for packaged or processed things as they have the cal content on them and are just simpler really but this is something I know isn't good especially for my 19 month old son.

Please help advise me& any recipes are more than welcome.

Thanks so much anyone who reads and replies

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I o its a lot to ask but does anyone know of any websites that do recipes for meals I can make for my family that aren't to fancy or expensive to make but still healthy.

I really want to do this weight loss sensibly and find myself going for packaged or processed things as they have the cal content on them and are just simpler really but this is something I know isn't good especially for my 19 month old son.

Please help advise me& any recipes are more than welcome.

Thanks so much anyone who reads and replies

I dont want to duplicate any of your own efforts so, Ill ask: What have you found on your own?

There are TONS of websites out there easily accessible by a search engine (I love Google)..

You have to find the one that works for you and your financial situation...
  • Lizzie2As
    Lizzie2As Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Netmums? They're family orientated so they're well balanced & they do a budget one & they have a meal planner & shopping list

http://www.netmums.com/family-food/meal-planning/cooking-tips/meal-planner
  • xx_donna_xx
    Options
    Omw net mums is fab!!! Gonna get a good read at it after my housework (which I keep doing a bit of then skulking on here lol).

I usually use Annabel Carmels or another wee kids cookery book for our meals *blush lol.

Looked at one people rec on this but its not things we would all eat so don't wanna start making loads of diff things& spending loads on ingredients.
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    There's a brill website skinny taste.com and they have meals on there ranging from healthy baked chicken nuggets, to pasta dishes, healthy pizza etc I often make meals from the recipes on there and I have a 14 month old son and he's getting All the nutrients from there and so am without having to resort to processed foods xx