Barcode obsession, much? lol...

Options
Hey guys, just wanna introduce myself. I'm Jade and I'm ADDICTED to myfitnesspal. I literally scan every barcode I touch, lol. But I have to say, I really love it. It makes you put your calorie consumption into perspective! I'm a medical student in my 3rd year so it's hard to maintain a healthy diet when you are running around the hospital at ridiculous hours of the day and night. However, I have made sure to pack a healthy lunch before I head out the door...and more importantly, I pre-log all the foods that I have packed for myself so I'll know how many calories I have in my brown paper bag lunch!

Yeah I guess you can say I'm obsessed but I love it! Great meeting you all. Hope to hear from other people who love this just as much as I do!!

Replies

• fat_momma
    Options
    I know what you mean. I did not need another reason to be obsessed with my iPhone. It is nice to have a diet ritual that I don't hate for once. I ♥ looking at all my nutritional info at the end of the day. Also it make me put a lot more consideration into what I choose to eat when you see the numbers laid out for you.
    Best wishes on your loss!
  • msessRN
    msessRN Posts: 16
    Options
    You are not alone in your obsession! I am a Registered Nurse and on my feet a lot, so time for good food is a challenge, but the MyFitnessPall makes it so much easier. Oh and ditto on the barcode scanner! I love it too! Lol! I wish you the best of luck on your fitness journey and your schooling!
  • DrJade85
    DrJade85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Best of luck to you too!!
  • awhiteblankpage
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start. :)