30DS knees and ankles hurting

Options
Hi all,
I am new to this whole thing as have not done any formal exercise in a long while although lead quite an active lifestyle.
In started the 30DS on 1/1/12 (with a lot of people I am guessing) I completed the first 12 days moving up to level 2 on day 8.
I was really enjoying it and actually looking forward to doing it everyday. However I have notised that my knees and anckles are now really hurting when I am walking so I have stopped for now.
I was wondering if anybody had any advice on an alternative that is easier on the knees but still 'hard' as I like a challege or anyways to modify the 30DS so I do not end up hobbling like an old lady!
Thanks in advance
Clare

Replies

• 76claire
    76claire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Level 2 of the 30DS gave me a lot of knee pain as well. I think the lunges were the culprit so I just did arm exercises during that section. My knees got a lot better when I moved onto level 3.
  • clarefus
    clarefus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, might have to try that. I cannot afford to be in pain with 2 kiddies and varius animals to look after.
    Clare
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I suffer with arthritis in my ankles and before i did 30ds i would take a pain killer so by the end of the workout it had all ready started working. Also glucosamine is good for the joints.
  • clarefus
    Options
    Thanks
    I may start again tommorrow from the start and miss out the level 2 lunges and see how I get on, or maybe skip level two and go to three, do you think that would be possible?
    Clare
  • 76claire
    76claire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would definitely give level 3 a try. I found it hard because there are a lot of upper body exercises and my upper body strength is practically non-existent! I had to do the modified exercises a lot of the time but at least it's still a work out.
  • clarefus
    Options
    Great will give it a go,my upper body is not too bad (I think) as carrying around sacks of feed and toddlers
    Cheers
    Clare