Advice from UK Members: Whats the best Cross Trainer?

Hi,

Im looking at buying a cross trainer for myself and boyfriend.

Looking to spend max £200, would like something very sturdy and very quiet, i would like to be able to control the intesity electronically rather than manually, also programs would be helpful but not complusary.

Ive been looking on the net and reading reviews but would like some honest answers.

Im 24 and looking to use it 5 times a week each.

Ive been looking at the York Aspire Cross Trainer, but cant make a descision!

Any advice/opinions would be very useful!

Many Thanks!

Replies

• clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Please Help! :-)
  • xSarahToninx
    xSarahToninx Posts: 2 Member
    I can't help you with regard to a particular model, but when I had a similar dilemma a few years ago, I managed to whittle it down to a couple of models and then went to a sports shop to try them out. There's nothing like being on the real thing for helping you decide. If it's something you'll both use regularly (and it sounds like it is, you want to choose something durable). Each model will feel slightly different and personal preferences matter if it's to become your new best friend!

Don't rush into buying something. Take your time and try to give them a test drive - even if you don't end up buying them from the store in question. The staff are there to give you advice. Often stores such as John Lewis will have models in store (as well as sports stores, obviously). Buy the best you can within your budget.
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Thanks! :-) I didnt think about looking at John Lewis!

Ive been down to our local decathlon- but they have nothing in my price range: £129.99- is a not what im after, the next one up £249.99- great, but cant afford it! Humpp!

xxx