I have 100 lbs to lose. Starting over. I need encouragemen

Options
Hi, I am not really new to MFP, but starting over again. I have so much weight to lose. It feels overwhelming. I suppose it actually is overwhelming. I am ready to get healthier. Ready to change my lifestyle and my way of eating. I need encouragement. Thanks for reading!

Vicky aka ( CaliVictoria)

Replies

• cm4508
    cm4508 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicky I am right with you lady. We can do this!
  • Soliver58
    Soliver58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to ths as well and also have close to 100 lb s to loose. I have joined the gym and go there 3 times a week at 5:00 a.m. I am hoping it works this time but I sure have noted that at 53 the weight is harded to take off. Good Luck!!
  • lasttoast
    lasttoast Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Starting over doesn't seem easy. But just keep going one day at a time!!!
  • ANMUR43
    ANMUR43 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have found Overeaters Anonymous (also known as OA), to be my best help. I have tried lots of other plans, but this one really works for me. You can find out more online, such as where meetings are for your area.
    Meetings are everywhere, and are low cost as they are donation only. Support is just a phone call away.
    I am losing weight with a very healthy eating plan and the support of my sponsor. This plan works for every part of my life, and is filling me with peace and happiness.
    I had a little less than 100 Lbs to lose. I have lost 27 pounds since September 2011. This plan kept me sane through the holidays.
    I didn't overeat, I lost weight steadily and painlessly.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Vicky, don't focus on the final destination. Take it one choice at a time. Make the healthier one. If you don't, don't let that lead to several bad choices. (the one cookie vs the whole bag option. :wink: ) You can do this. And we are here to help.:flowerforyou:
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    CaliVictoria - I have a 100 lbs. to lose; need to lose about 80 still.

I just started a program called Beck's Diet Solution which helps you think for losing weight. It is not a eating plan but trains you how to think like a thin person. It sounds silly but it's working so far!
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Starting over is way better than thinking about it and not acting on it!! I think it is awesome you are doing this. Baby steps and you will get there before you know it!! Good luck on your journey to health. All the best.
  • faiga
    faiga Posts: 47
    Options
    I know the feeling i have to lose that muc h plus some more. i just started over again and i take it one day at a time if a i have a challenging morning i start over from lunch on. right now i take it hour by hour, day by day. it easier than to think about how much i want to lose all together
    Good luck
  • ccinatl
    ccinatl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it's really just one day at a time. if you screw up one day, keep it to that one day and get back to it the next. set small goals not necessarily around weight.
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    I, too, am not new to MFP, but am starting again. I have about 70 ounds to lose. This site did give me success the first time (I lost about 25 pounds in 4 months, and kept it off for awhile), the key is to stick with it! I think part of my problem the first time was looking at the big goal. Now, I have created smaller goals (7 pounds per month) that seem much more achievable to me. Best of luck to you, and we can do this! Feel free to friend me if you'd like!
  • adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Don't worry Vicky, we'll do this together. I'm in the same 100lb boat you are. I need the support and encouragement also. We can give it to each other. Sending you a friend request now.

Amy (adaffern)
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Well done for starting over! half the battle is to acknowledge that you're not happy and you want to make a change.
    Please feel free to add me if you'd like my support.
    I have about 70 pounds to go! :)
  • lolaburga
    Options
    Well, I have about the same to lose and I'm only 3 lbs into it...so we can be here for each other!
  • melzie32
    Options
    I too have over 100 to lose. Encouragement is great to have!! I would love to add you to my friends list and we can help each other out. Anyone else feel free to add myself as well! It's a daily struggle for everyone and its great to know that there is other people out there that are going through the same things as I am.
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    hey there! good luck on your journey- stay focused and you will get to your goal! i've got a long way to go as well - but we can do it!
  • frenchkm
    frenchkm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have that much to lose also! One thing that helped me stay on track was to actually WRITE down somewhere WHY you want to lose the weight. I have about 10 big reasons in my journal and I keep looking at those whenever I feel the need to cheat! :flowerforyou: