what is right website or stepper ?

Options
i had on my ipod that has a step checker it says i did 4220 steps over 200 minutes and that i burned up 152 calories.
but on the website if i walked at a slow pace for 200 minutes i would burn 793 calories so what is right ?

Replies

• jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on whether or not you did the steps continuously... if you walk for 200 minutes straight, your heart rate will go up and stay up, and the longer your HR is elevated, the more calories you will burn. 200 minutes of walking throughout the day, however, gives your HR plenty of time to come back to resting levels, which doesn't burn as many calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Neither. both are just estimates using their own calculations. An HRM will give you a better estimate, but again it is still an estimate it just uses more inputs.

I would say the 793 is much closer to your actual burn over 200 minutes (4 calories/minute), as the 150 just doens't make any sense over that period of time.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Was this intentional exercise? If it was just part of your day I wouldn't log it and make sure you're activity level is correct.
    Otherwise I agree with erickirb a hrm would help you out a lot.
  • ian2494
    ian2494 Posts: 10
    Options
    it was at work and that's how much walking i did i was not going to log it just wanted to know what was right