Got rid of gym membership...need exercise ideas

Options
Hey everyone!

I had to cancel my gym membership due some financial issues, so I'm looking for some new ideas for workouts. I am currently involved in bellydancing (great exercise by the way!) and I will be starting hot yoga soon.

Any ideas on good workouts I can do at home, especially since its so cold? I'm definetely not going for anything crazy like Insanity or anything. I have to work up to that level!

Thanks!

Replies

• moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    i love the zumba dvds (can't do them right now, but soon as i can again i'm jumping on it- even on wii and xbox its fun)
    a lot of people on here like 30 day shred by jillian micheals
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have found lots of great exercise plans, that require no equipment on pinterest. Here is a link to one I found, sorry I can't post a pic of it...I'm, ahem....at work...lol. http://pinterest.com/pin/254664553898725070/ But there are lots of great ideas on this site!
  • missmamselle
    missmamselle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hula hooping is fun! A hoop isn't expensive either. It's fun to put on the music and go! For me it's addictive and hard to stop once I start!
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I use apps on my phone.
    If your phone supports them try 'workout trainer' or 'daily cardio/arms/bums/legs', in fact look these up and loads of others will come up.
    Also research the net cause they are there, you just gotta look.

I also do step in my step ladder but you can buy the steps, or use bricks, be creative!

Hope this helps and good luck hun.
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hula hooping is fun! A hoop isn't expensive either. It's fun to put on the music and go! For me it's addictive and hard to stop once I start!

Good idea and fun!
  • east_coastie86
    Options
    Hula hooping does sound like fun! And inexpensive! ;)

And I'm at work too, I guess you can all see how productive I am today!