Any Suggestions?

Options
Hiya, So I'm on a mission to lose about 30kg (have lost 12kg so far) and wondered if anybody had any suggestions on stomach exercises for someone who has had 2 c-sections?? I have heard the normal sit ups helps the stomach but doesn't help much with the 'apron' area.

Thanks, and if anybody needs a new buddy feel free to add me :D

Kat.

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hiya, So I'm on a mission to lose about 30kg (have lost 12kg so far) and wondered if anybody had any suggestions on stomach exercises for someone who has had 2 c-sections?? I have heard the normal sit ups helps the stomach but doesn't help much with the 'apron' area.

Kat.
    Ab exercises tone the muscle but do nothing to spot reduce the fat.
    For fat loss you must take a whole body approach.

Forget the infomercials.
    Forget the scams offering you the key to a flat gut with this exercise or that supplement.

I WISH!:bigsmile:

Anyway, you do want to tone your muscles with sit-ups or whatever - one ab exercise is about as good as any other.
    I do crunches and leg raises.

And losing the fat overall will eventually mean your tummy as well.
    That's reality.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Kat.
    Ab exercises tone the muscle but do nothing to spot reduce the fat.
    For fat loss you must take a whole body approach.

Forget the infomercials.
    Forget the scams offering you the key to a flat gut with this exercise or that supplement.

I WISH!:bigsmile:

Anyway, you do want to tone your muscles with sit-ups or whatever - one ab exercise is about as good as any other.
    I do crunches and leg raises.

And losing the fat overall will eventually mean your tummy as well.
    That's reality.

^^^This!!!! Surprisingly even though I had the most to lose around my belly area I never tried to focus on doing ab exercises constantly to try and make it go away. I did a variety of circuit training and running for most of last year and my belly is just about gone! Work your whole body and you'll see results!
  • martinabbi
    Options
    Lie face up on your mat and place your hands behind your head, lightly supporting it with your fingers.
    Bring the knees in to the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on the neck.
    Rotate to the left, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee as you straighten the other leg.
    Switch sides, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee.
    Continue alternating sides in a 'pedaling' motion for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
    I'm doing other exercises too :) Just know that the 'apron' part of the stomach where they did the c-section op is a little harder to work on than the rest of the stomach area. I'll just continue doing my normal work out and hopefully that helps :D
  • pandamonium1987
    pandamonium1987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's an awesome exercise:
    Take a towel and roll it up. Lie on your back with the middle of the towel (length-wise) underneath your lower back. Hold onto the left part of the towel with your right hand, and the right part with you left hand. Now do small, slow sit-ups, pulling on the criss-crossed edges of the towel.
    This supposedly helps to tighten the loose lower abdominal muscles caused by pregnancy.

Another great option is Pilates! It works wonders! You don't necessarily burn lots of calories, but due to your core strengthening and tightening you'll look as if you've lost loads of weight.

Good luck!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My wife had a c-section and has problems doing sit-ups now. However, other core exercises work well: planks, scissor kicks, leg raises, and twists will work your abdominals.
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    Bump
  • ford8709
    Options
    Ok, here's an awesome exercise:
    Take a towel and roll it up. Lie on your back with the middle of the towel (length-wise) underneath your lower back. Hold onto the left part of the towel with your right hand, and the right part with you left hand. Now do small, slow sit-ups, pulling on the criss-crossed edges of the towel.
    This supposedly helps to tighten the loose lower abdominal muscles caused by pregnancy.

Another great option is Pilates! It works wonders! You don't necessarily burn lots of calories, but due to your core strengthening and tightening you'll look as if you've lost loads of weight.

Good luck!
  • ford8709
    Options
    Bump
  • missmamselle
    missmamselle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try planks. By far one of the most effective exercises for toning up the belly area.