80lbs down but only half way there! Friends needed

Options
juzhaz
juzhaz Posts: 11 Member
photo.png

Encouraged by a good friend who had already started MFP I decided it was about time I lost some weight seriously. I weighed a hefty 385lbs and my first target was to be able to use the Wii fit that my kids got for Christmas. The first couple of months I modified my calorie intake with the help of MFP. I just never realised how many calories I was putting in my body. The next couple of months I started an exercise routine which meant getting up an hour earlier to walk the dog and then again when I got back from work. I haven’t missed a day since. Starting off at a mile a walk, I managed 7 miles this last Sunday with a sizeable hill on the way!

I have now taken the next step of joining a Gym as a serious amount of toning is required and I still want to lose another 90lbs.

I am gadget geek and have recently got myself a fitbit which hopefully will be syncing with MFP soon? It may not work for everyone but I love gadgets and I am hoping it will push me further.

I am keen for any advice on what else I could be doing to help me on my journey.

I am including a picture of my progress so far which people tell me shows quite a difference but I'm not so sure....

Please add me as I could do with some like minded friends.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Blodnie
    Blodnie Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm a bit of a gadget geek too.. I'll send you a friend request. Welcome!!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    photo.png

Encouraged by a good friend who had already started MFP I decided it was about time I lost some weight seriously. I weighed a hefty 385lbs and my first target was to be able to use the Wii fit that my kids got for Christmas. The first couple of months I modified my calorie intake with the help of MFP. I just never realised how many calories I was putting in my body. The next couple of months I started an exercise routine which meant getting up an hour earlier to walk the dog and then again when I got back from work. I haven’t missed a day since. Starting off at a mile a walk, I managed 7 miles this last Sunday with a sizeable hill on the way!

I have now taken the next step of joining a Gym as a serious amount of toning is required and I still want to lose another 90lbs.

I am gadget geek and have recently got myself a fitbit which hopefully will be syncing with MFP soon? It may not work for everyone but I love gadgets and I am hoping it will push me further.

I am keen for any advice on what else I could be doing to help me on my journey.

I am including a picture of my progress so far which people tell me shows quite a difference but I'm not so sure....

Please add me as I could do with some like minded friends.

Thanks for reading.

You're doing great! I need to lose 80lbs too! Feel free to add :)
  • TrefG
    TrefG Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    JusWeightLoss.jpg

Great work Jus. You're doing so well. Proud of you bud !
  • CharletteJones
    Options
    Your doing great keep up the awesome job that you're doing...job well done
  • 79green
    79green Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done, i've lost 70lbs in the last years but i still have 140lbs to go to get to my goal weight. Feel free to add me :tongue:
  • You are doing great. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go!
  • lasttoast
    lasttoast Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! Keep it up, stay encouraged, and take it one day at a time. Set a goal and reach it!!
  • Rain8000
    Options
    Fantastic job !
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up! :)
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome!! :)

What do you think of the fitbit?
    I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm still not sure.
  • fluffyrn12
    fluffyrn12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow you are doing great..What is fitbit? Feel free to friend request.
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're doing great! Congrats on your success and good luck on the next part of your journey.

...I'd never heard of a fitbit today and now I really want one.
  • juzhaz
    Options
    Personally the Fitbit motivates me quite a bit but I love that sort of thing, the information that it can give you just urges you to do more and more.

It now is fully integrated with MFP and both aps talk to each other. It is quite small and unobtrusive and is easy to use.

If that sort of thing ticks your boxes then I would highly recommend.
  • jenntingey
    Options
    I have 100 pounds or more to lose :) You're an inspiration!
  • juzhaz
    Options
    JusWeightLoss.jpg
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    great story...i have a co-worker doing fitbit and loves it. I have 5 kids so no extra money for toys:) will keep in touch...you are motivating
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Results. Keep it up! And feel free to add me as a friend. I still have a way to go!
    The support is key!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Great job!
  • Claire00175
    Claire00175 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Think you have done amazing! I have only just joined MFP so need friends too! I have quite a few pounds I need to loose and so feel free to add me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!