Best Recipes Ever - 5 Stars

Options
I just made this meal for my family...I got the recipe from Self Magazine and they have not stopped raving about it!!! Its a chicken recipe but one of my boys is a vegetarian so for his I substituted Tofu.

Do you have any recipes you would like to share?

Chicken en Papillote
From the May 2005 Issue
The French prince: Jean-Georges Vongerichten, executive chef and co-owner of Jean-Georges, Jo Jo, Lipstick Cafe, Mercer Kitchen, and Vong in New York City. What you'll love: No-mess cooking — just wrap the chicken and vegetables in foil, then bake and serve. Our taster says it all: "Super easy and very delicious."
Serves 4
INGREDIENTS
• 8 sheets aluminum foil, each 18 inches long
• 4 teaspoons grapeseed oil
• 2 cups watercress leaves
• 4 boneless chicken breast halves (1 lb)
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup diced mango (about 2 mangoes)
• 8 shiitake mushroom caps
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon grated ginger
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
PREPARATION
1. Preheat the oven to 500°F. To prepare foil packets, place a sheet of foil directly on top of another; make 4 of these 2-sheet sets. Smear 1 tsp grapeseed oil to the size of a chicken breast in the center of each top sheet. Place 1/2 cup watercress over oil, then place a chicken breast on top of watercress. Sprinkle with pepper. Arrange mangoes and 2 mushroom caps on top of and around each piece of chicken. Crimp the packet edges up slightly. Bring soy sauce, ketchup and vinegar to a boil, then stir in ginger and garlic. Remove the pan from heat and pour 1/4 sauce over each chicken breast. Fold foil over each chicken breast in half and tightly crimp the edges to close the packets. Heat a baking sheet in the oven 1 minute and place the 4 packets on the sheet. Bake 12 minutes, then remove from oven. Slit the top of the packets to serve (be careful; steam will come out), or let diners open their own packets.
THE SKINNY
278 calories per serving, 6 g fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 28 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein, 70 mg cholesterol

Replies

• lisamgould
    lisamgould Posts: 68
    Options
    Here was our dessert from last night...If you can't tell I am into trying new recipes and I am collecting healthy alternatives...

Cantaloupe With Agave and Pecans

Serves 4
    INGREDIENTS
    • 1 medium cantaloupe, sliced in half, seeded, scooped into 1-inch balls
    • 8 teaspoons agave nectar (or honey)
    • 2/3 cup chopped pecans
    • 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
    • 8 mint leaves, chopped
    PREPARATION
    1. Place cantaloupe in a bowl. Drizzle with nectar. Add pecans, blueberries and mint; mix well. Serve in 4 chilled martini glasses or soup cups.
    THE SKINNY
    198 calories per serving, 13.5 g fat (1.1 g saturated), 21.9 g carbs, 2.8 g fiber, 2.6 g protein

This one was so yummy!!!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    The chicken recipe looks really good. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try it soon.:smile:
  • lisamgould
    lisamgould Posts: 68
    Options
    I have alot more healthy recipes if you all want some??? But could you add some of yours too, I really enjoy trying new dishes.