my sucess story

Options
may_marie
may_marie Posts: 667 Member
hello everybody

its been a while that i wanted to do this post,
in 2008, i lost 70 lbs, its not been easy everyday, and i had ups and downs, but, i can say that, after maintaining for more then 3 months, i think i can say i sucessed in my weight lost, i went from 220 to 150 .. my first goal was 145, witch is the top end of a healthy bmi. but i realized that im taller then i though (i was off by almost 2 inch !..lol) so now im well into my healthy bmi and i am very satisfied with the way i look and i dont think i will try to go much lower.

on this journey, i discovered a love for exercising, i can run 5k with being too much out of breath. and much more. my arm and legs have have taken about 1/2 inch in the last 3 months (no fat...lol)

of course, there is no secrets.. eating well (mostly clean eating), exercise, and a decent calorie deficit. i found that cutting off most of the restaurants was a plus.

in short. im very proud of myself. i now love mirrors and have tons of fun shopping again ( a little too much .lol) i now know that when a guy looks at me.. its not to think about how fat i am. i have more energy then ever .. and the list goes on.

heres some pics

HXP8qAVxNwWU3GIbvuQvrw?authkey=Gv1sRgCOXyy73_zZeHqAE&feat=directlink

( i cant do that link thing but heres the direct link .lol)
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HXP8qAVxNwWU3GIbvuQvrw?authkey=Gv1sRgCOXyy73_zZeHqAE&feat=directlink

.. it was on of the hardest thing i've ever done.. its still the hardest thing.. the hardest thing is when i dont calculate the calories, my brains seems to think i can eat anything i want .. and then comes all the bad stuff. though i realized its not a piece of cake once in a while that its going to make me big again, i can enjoy food resonably... i can make educated desicions..

so . thats it.. !!! hope it helps someone out there !!
mayxxxx

Replies

• may_marie
    Options
    alright .. that pic doesnt work.. lol still trying..lol
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing your success and inspiring us!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Weste
    Weste Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good Job.
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment, you should be so proud of yourself and you look great!!!

Thanks for sharing

216838.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Congratulations on your success!!! :flowerforyou: That's awesome!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your story! It's so motivating that I CAN do this! I'm about your age, my starting weight was about the same as yours, and my goal is the same as well. I'm also going about this whole weightloss thing the same way you were/are - exercising and healthy (mostly clean) eating. It's great knowing that others have had success, and with hard work, I can too! :smile:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Good Job, keep up the great work,
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is so awesome :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! You must be very proud of your accomplishment! I know I will be!
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Always awesome to hear someone who has reached their goal!!! Ya' look great!
  • edianna
    edianna Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. The last two days I have struggled with cravings and unfortunately I have given in. I exercised yesturday, but today ate everything it seems. I didn't go do my excercise. I needed to hear your story today to encourage me to go on. I to started at well over 200 lbs. I have a goal of 150. Some day I hope to be able to inspire someone the way you have inspiring me to press on. Bless you in your journey.

Dianna
    199616.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey - Congrats - You are all great motivators for the rest of us just starting out. Thanks for sharing.
  • carlafreeman
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and being an inspiration to the rest of us!! AWESOME job!! :smooched:
  • sapphire092170
    Options
    Congratulations...be VERY PROUD...amazing accomplishment!
    150390.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • may_marie
    Options
    thank you everybody !!!!!!!

i have faith that all of you can do it .. i know it !!!
    take it one day at the time !!! one craving at the time ,, one workout at the time

im proud of all of yous !!!
    may
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic... and you're tall... how COOL is that?
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is great:flowerforyou:
  • threeupthreedown
    Options
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S :flowerforyou:
    Thanks for sharing your story.
    You totlaly rock!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!