Sore quads

Options
So, I did the 30 day shred on Monday, and my quadscare still sore! I did manage to workout at the gym for 50 minutes yesterday though. Just wondering, should I do the 30ds again, or just stay with the gym? I can "work through the pain" if that would be the best thing to do. I just don't want to be so sore that I can't workout at all!

Replies

• ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness does tend to be worse on the second day after a workout.
    A common remedy is a light to moderate workout to flush the muscles and get the blood pumping through them.
    I would not go at the same workout at full intensity.
  • keggreen
    Options
    Thank you! I am home today with two kids, so I'll probably do the 30DS, and maybe just hit pause a couple times;)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    If it hurts when you walk, etc. just rest. You will get to a point where you don't have to. You have to work up to it.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Working out again makes my muscles feel better when I have the DOMS. Flushes them out like the above poster said. Just make sure that you are giving the muscles time to repair, typically 48 hours between similar exercises. Most of the DVD routines say something about not needing to do anything extra. The DVD should be cycling the workouts to accommodate the repair time. If you throw in extra workouts or shuffle between DVDs you may be overworking muscle groups. If you are doing the workout to near failure or beyond, you need to give them time to repair.
  • sunnylady20003
    Options
    maybe start at the gym...then once you have built up your tolerance and strength, come back to the shred and try it again.