1200 calorie menu that hits nutritional targets?

Options
Does anyone have a 1200 calorie food list that provides proper nutritional values? If so, please share it. I always stay under my calorie goal, but I rarely meet all of my nutritional goals. Losing weight is great, but I want to be healthy, too. Thank you.

Replies

• Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 1,200 calories as well and eat vegetarian. I met with a nutritionist who helped me focus on key areas (in my dairy) which are protein, calcium <-- making sure I get enough of these, fiber I have no problem with this and keeping carbs under control <--- my biggest weakness. The mobile app provides much better nutritional information.

My biggest challenges are I'm lactose intolerant (some cheese is ok), I don't eat eggs and I have periodic ulcers so I can't tolerate a lot of acids like tomatoes and OJ.

Per my nutritionist, I try to eat:
    nut butters - love chocolate almond butter
    soy milk/soygurt - calcium & protein
    beans - love them in any form, eating a lot of hummus right now :)
    leafy greens - spinach, kale, dark greens
    multi grains - no more white flours, only multi grain to keep carbs in check

Here's a helpful website, you can replace the proteins with meat sources, be sure to adjust the calories:
    http://www.nutribase.com/mp/Vegetarian Meal Plan - 1200 calories.pdf

:flowerforyou: Sláinte
  • prittylisa
    Options
    I DO A 1200 GOAL EVERY DAY I DO 12OO OR LESS A DAY AND DOING GREAT ONE DAY I WENT OVER BAD GIRL BUT I HAVE LOST 5 LBS SCENCE I STARTED THIS I GO TO THE GYM EVERY DAY FOR HOUR AND A HALF I GET EVERYTHING IN TOO I FEEL SO SO GOOD NOW I WAS 136 NOW I AM 131 AND WANT TO GET TO 120 OR SO DOING GOOD TOO TALK TO U SOON HAV EA GOOD DAY