Im Discourage!!!

Options
Okayy - So I rarely weigh myself cause the numbers kill me!! But latley I have been working out and stickin to my diet - I weighed myself this morning , and I'm the same weight as two weeks ago! =( I'm having a hard time with this today , cause I see changes in my body!! My clothes are fitting better - Idk! Is this normal??! HELP!!

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    if you're seeing changes, and your clothes are fitting better, it's working. Don't worry about the numbers.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    if you're seeing changes, and your clothes are fitting better, it's working. Don't worry about the numbers.
    ^^^ This
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    yeah, you are just getting rid of fat and gaining muscle at the same time...so for you to have stayed the same weight instead of gaining is a bonus!!!
  • LovinDJC
    Options
    Thank you guys! Its starting to make more sense to me now!!! Cause I feel great , bt that stupid scale ruined my mood for the day!!!
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I know! We are so focused on those numbers! It's difficult to do but I'm learning to pay attention to what I see in the mirror and how my clothes feel. Since you are seeing changes, just tell that scale when it shows a number you don't like, "ok, thank you." And then keep to your plan. They will move! Patience is the hardest part, but they will move!! :o)
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! Make sure your food consumption is in check..having vegs fruit? Not eating empty calories? Keep it up!
  • SouthernBeauty89
    Options
    Keep doing what your doing hon! Drink enough water, exercise, get 7-8 hrs of sleep at least if you can...sleep actually has a lot to do with losing weight! Also try taking a multi-vitamin! Plus you lose inches faster then you lose pounds! Try keeping a record of you inches & you will see a great loss there!
  • mcarden86
    mcarden86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel your pain, girl!
    I keep telling myself that the clothes are more important than the numbers, but when you see celebrities that weigh 105 pounds and think they're fat, it's tough.
    But that's why MFP is so fantastic! Lots of good support.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    +1 to this!
    I've been stuck at the same weight for almost 2 months, but I just dropped from a 2X to XL and I went down another notch on my belt.
  • LovinDJC
    Options
    You guys are all great!!! I take a multi-vitamin on a daily and fruits and veggies are my friend lately!! I do my ab circle pro and zumba 20 to 40 minutes a day!! Everyones words are seeking in!! This is just the beginning for me =) THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!
  • LovinDJC
    Options
    Feel your pain, girl!
    I keep telling myself that the clothes are more important than the numbers, but when you see celebrities that weigh 105 pounds and think they're fat, it's tough.
    But that's why MFP is so fantastic! Lots of good support.

Yeaaa - tell me about it! I really needa quit watching E! Lol!!
  • SheSheG
    SheSheG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To LovinDJC
    ...just wondering how do you like your ab circle pro? I have been debating on purchasing this....but have a hard time justifying the cost.....?
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to not get caught up with the number on the scale but you are doing all of the right things. It will all come out in the wash.
  • M_Tyler05
    M_Tyler05 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is fat turning to muscle, keep going... If you're seeing results you must be doing something right. I talked with a registered dietitian and she said to do body measurements versus weighing in. So, I'd stick with the body measurements! Good luck!
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I could see this morning that I appear slimmer, but the scale said I GAINED a pound! It is really discouraging, but don't let it weigh you down! You're doing great if your clothes have started fitting better after just 2 weeks! Keep it up!
  • sasha4nicole
    Options
    I have had the worst week ever I have not felt very well and have not gone to the gym. I want to try and eat better and stay focused on my health but I feel like I am in a rut, almost bored. I know that I need to make some changes but I just feel like crap, I want to be motivated and stya focused on my goals but I just feel yucky! This makes me sad.
  • LovinDJC
    Options
    To LovinDJC
    ...just wondering how do you like your ab circle pro? I have been debating on purchasing this....but have a hard time justifying the cost.....?

I love it! I got mine in 2009! Its kept up in good shape! I like doing it before or after my workouts!! I feel like it works! If you diet with it of course! Ill notice my love handles go down when I use it! And it works out your thights and butt! I think its a goood investment!
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I got obsessed with the scale and needed to tone it down, now I only measure once a week (if I am able) and take measurements once a week, that will help you see what's really happening!
  • LovinDJC
    Options
    I have had the worst week ever I have not felt very well and have not gone to the gym. I want to try and eat better and stay focused on my health but I feel like I am in a rut, almost bored. I know that I need to make some changes but I just feel like crap, I want to be motivated and stya focused on my goals but I just feel yucky! This makes me sad.

I know this feeling very well!! Bt everyone on this website I've come acrossed seems so motivated and says soo many great things to keep our momentum going!! We can do this - I'm feeling better hearing everyones input! I noticed I feel so much better when I do atleast a 20 minute workout a day!! WE GOT THISS!!!
  • LovinDJC
    Options
    I got obsessed with the scale and needed to tone it down, now I only measure once a week (if I am able) and take measurements once a week, that will help you see what's really happening!

Thank YOu! I need to invest in a measuring tape!