Hey, Everyone

Options
I just joined today. I am turning 30 in March and don't want to look and feel the way I do now. I have 25-30 lbs to lose. My mom is obese and I am starting to resemble her more every day. I don't want that for myself. I was super skinny growing up, active in everything and weighed 98 lbs when I graduated high school. I am only 5 feet tall, so any extra weight is obvious.

I need some support to lose the weight this time. Hopefully you all can help me out with that!

Replies

• 4lelito
    4lelito Posts: 90
    Options
    Hey welcome to MFP :) I know what you mean actually I grew up with bad habits despite my mothers attempts to have me loose weight..I think it was a rebellion thing... It's nice that you are snipping this in the butt before it gets too bad..25-30 you'll loose these with hard work :) Good job!
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am Lindsey. I just turned 30 in December. I started MFP at the beginning of the month, but have been off and on with my motivation. I am looking to lose 50 lbs or so. I have always been pretty active as well and since I moved to the East coast from Califonia 4 years ago, I kinda got in a funk and start to gradually gain all of my weight. I weighed 140 when I moved to VA and now i weigh 185lbs. I dont have any children either and when I do, I can only imagine how much I will contine to gain if I don't get this under control!!!! I would be happy to help support your weight loss :) As you can see i need a little support as well. I know that we can do this!!!!!!!!

LET THE LOSING BEGIN!!!!
  • CuttingtheTies
    Options
    Hey! and welcome to the site.
    I just joined a few days ago.

I'm here to support you, send a friend request my way. <3
  • kedgin
    kedgin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just joined today. I am turning 30 in March and don't want to look and feel the way I do now. I have 25-30 lbs to lose. My mom is obese and I am starting to resemble her more every day. I don't want that for myself. I was super skinny growing up, active in everything and weighed 98 lbs when I graduated high school. I am only 5 feet tall, so any extra weight is obvious.

I need some support to lose the weight this time. Hopefully you all can help me out with that!

Welcome to MFP! I turned 30 in December and like you didn't want to look and feel the way I did.

The support on here has been really helpful and all the encouragement that I have received has helped as well. I started with MFP last year and tried to do it on my own without the support. I am trying again and this time have reached out for support!

Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck on your journey!