I'm sure this sounds like kind of a weird reason to want to

Options
lose weight but....

One of the things that is motivating me to reach my goal weight is so that I can have another baby. I mean, physically, there is nothing wrong with my reproductive parts and I could get pregnant if I wanted to but I will NOT have another baby until I reach my goal weight. I have 4 kids and I weighed over 300lbs when I had all of them. When the twins were born (May '10) I weighed 368! I really want to have one more child but I absolutely won't even consider it until I reach my goal! For one thing, I had preeclampsia with all of my pregnancies except one, which was most likely because of my weight AND I was so fat that I'm sure no one could even tell I was pregnant until I told them.... Well, except with the twins. lol. But seriously.... I know that I will only have ONE more child and I want to experience my LAST pregnancy as a NORMAL person, at a NORMAL weight and I want to actually enjoy it instead of being worried about complications the whole time! So that is one of my biggest motivations for losing the rest of this weight! :smile:

Replies

• JDub27
    JDub27 Posts: 5
    Options
    kudos to you! That's one of my biggest reasons right now... don't have any kids yet but want them so bad!! Need to lose lose lose first though! Good luck!
  • lillystargazer
    Options
    This is one of my biggest motivation factors as well. I want children so badly. At my current weight, I know it's not healthy at all. I want to be able to enjoy it all. And when my child is born, I want to be able to be active with him/her! I have a long road, but I know it is so going to worth it in the end. I can't wait to have a family! :)
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    = )
  • collyllama
    Options
    I don't think it sounds weird. It's one of my reasons too.... I've been pregnant several times, but miscarried every time. I'll be 40 next month and I want to have a baby... it's one of my primary motivations too. Good luck :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    if having a baby is your reason to lose weight, what will be your reason and motivation to keep it off once you have it? Just wondering.....
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all! With my 3rd child I was at my lowest weight and it was much better, blood pressure, didn't have to do the 3 hour test plus she was my smallest child.... She wasn't small just smaller then the other ones. My middle child which was my highest weight came out at a whopping 10lbs 8oz! I felt much better and not as miserable towards the end.

Good luck!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    That's not a weird reason. We have been trying for our first baby for 3 years, I got pregnant when we first started trying but I lost the baby and haven't been able to conceive since. I gave up smoking, and am dieting and exercising and getting healthy, anything it takes to see those 2 lines

xx
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Me and hubby wants to have another but I want to lose most of my weight first... So I am giving it at least a yr or two.
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    I didn't say it's my ONLY motivation but it is ONE of the reasons I want to lose the weight. I started losing weight before I even decided I wanted to have another baby. I have plenty of other reasons for wanting to lose the weight, mainly for my health and because I want to stick around for the 4 kids that I already have.
    if having a baby is your reason to lose weight, what will be your reason and motivation to keep it off once you have it? Just wondering.....
  • Lewre78
    Lewre78 Posts: 22
    Options
    That's not weird at all. I have three beautiful daughters. With two of them I had gestational diabetes and with the other I didn't. I know weight has a lot to do with that. I'm sure it is more than coincidence that I wasn't overweight when I got pregnant with the one that I did not have the GD with. My hubby and I would like to have one more baby and I really want to be at my goal weight before that happens.

That being said, kudos to you for wanting to be healthy for yourself and a new little person! Good luck on your weight loss. :)
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Me too! No kids yet. Maybe we should start a group? "Getting fit for pregnancy" or something? I noticed there is one for already pregnant people but not those who are losing in order to be fit from the start.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i dont think thats strange at all! i did the same when i have another baby which will be my 4th and last i want to be at a really haelthy weight so i can get the weight back off fast lol

good luck hun :)
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options

To be a role model for my family and pass along the good habits I've formed while losing it the first time. And to be able to rebound physically more quickly. Good question!
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    That's not weird at all. I have three beautiful daughters. With two of them I had gestational diabetes and with the other I didn't. I know weight has a lot to do with that. I'm sure it is more than coincidence that I wasn't overweight when I got pregnant with the one that I did not have the GD with. My hubby and I would like to have one more baby and I really want to be at my goal weight before that happens.

That being said, kudos to you for wanting to be healthy for yourself and a new little person! Good luck on your weight loss. :)

Thanks!
  • JenMarie8781
    Options
    Me too! No kids yet. Maybe we should start a group? "Getting fit for pregnancy" or something? I noticed there is one for already pregnant people but not those who are losing in order to be fit from the start.

Good idea!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I didn't say it's my ONLY motivation but it is ONE of the reasons I want to lose the weight. I started losing weight before I even decided I wanted to have another baby. I have plenty of other reasons for wanting to lose the weight, mainly for my health and because I want to stick around for the 4 kids that I already have.

my question was simply asked because you only listed ONE reason for wanting to lose weight-having a baby. Glad to hear that is not the ONLY reason- good luck to you in your journey.