I'm a P90Xer!!!

Options
Hello!
I'm about to turn 38 on thursday:ohwell: and I don't want to be fat over fourty!!! I have been fighting this weight battle for EVER and I'm fed up with it! If I can't toss the tub permantly now, I know I never will and I'm not looking forward to a fat future.
I started P90X a month ago and my fitness has improved ten fold. However, I'm not meeting my weight loss goals. I hope that by using MyFitnessPal I can keep a better track of my nutrition and therefore work out where I'm going wrong, because it's definatly NOT the workouts!! They are fantastic and really hard work! I sweat gallons every time!!
So, I know I'm burning calories and now I need to see that I'm burning the right ones!!
I want to loose 30lbs or so and keep it off. That is my goal and I am determined to achieve it. Wish me luck and to all the P90Xers here, Bring It!!! Keep pushing play!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    I am also a P90Xer. I also have not lost the amount of weight that I had my mind set on losing when I decided to change my lifestyle at the age of 39.
    I have gone from a really tight size 12/14 to a size 6.
    Instead of losing weight the program helped my to change my body composition. I have swapped out fat for lean mass.
    Stay the course and you will see great changes. Myfitnesspal is great tool to help insure that we get enough calories/nutrients to support our goals.

"Bring it"!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    I'm a p90x'er too. I am always attracting people toward p90x just from my before and after picture. I know that you will do the same!
  • mistellefisher
    Options
    When did you begin P90X? I started back in March but my husband and I began building a house and got a bit side tracked. I am refocusing and beginning P90X again TODAY! Would love to keep in touch and do this journey with someone. My husband has given up as of the first week but he is naturally thin...but I have to watch what I eat daily because of my height, body type, etc. just to stay in that weight range I comfortable with.

My main goal is to loose around my hips which I successfully did the first two weeks of P90X. I lost a whole inch in two weeks!! I was hooked after that, which is why I am so exciting about getting home today to begin "bringing it"!! :wink:
  • SaraArbo
    SaraArbo Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm actually on day 30! I have to keep reminding myself that this is not really a weight loss plan but a fat loss plan!!
    I also lost in the first week of the program - 2 and a half inches from my hips but I haven't lost since then. My over all fitness has really improved and I'm sticking with it, but I've decided to drop a few of the calories!! Got to get in my healthy protein-carb-fat ratio! 50% protein, 30% Carbs, 20% fat. I altered those in the goal part of the MyFitnessPal to help me keep track.
    I'd like to keep in contact with you too, so keep logging on here and keep pushing PLAY!! I'm off to do my PlyometricsX!! Fun Fun Fun!!:laugh:
  • lovinlife581
    lovinlife581 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a P90Xer, too! I just started 2 weeks ago (on week 3 now). I'm 37 and want to lose about 30 pounds or so - maybe less depending on how much muscle I put on. I'm trying to stay off the scale. I know I've lost fat already and I can feel the added muscle, for sure! I love the program; it's a BLAST! I'd love to keep in touch with you guys along this journey.

Question, how do you add your workouts in the exercise area of MFP? I remember seeing that the P90X workouts burn around 600 calories (conservatively), so I just added them manually as 500 (to be very conservative, and in case I'm doing it with less intensity). Is there a better way to do this? LMK. Thanks!!!
  • mistellefisher
    Options
    SaraArbo & lovinlife581 - Let's do this!

SaraArbo - I hear about the ratio, that is the most difficult part. I am going with balance through out the day and then no carbs after 3PM. This seems to always work for me when starting something new.

lovinlife581 - I bought a Mio watch that calculates my calories burned by entering all my 'stats'. You test your heart rate at certain intervals (high and low) and it gives you a burned amount. And it also keeps track of the calories you eat daily but I just use it for the burn, I use myfitnesspal to keep track of my daily caloric intake.
  • lovinlife581
    Options
    Thanks for the info, seanswifey! My heart rate monitor doesn't keep track of calories burned in the workout, start to finish, so I'll have to do some research on how to get the info based on heart rate at certain intervals. At least that would be more accurate than guessing. :happy:
  • SaraArbo
    SaraArbo Posts: 13
    Options
    At the moment I estimate my workouts at 600 cals but I am hearing from other people who have the heart rate moniters that they are burning up to 750 cals! I have a moniter somewhere but a lot of my things are still in storage from my big move! (I emigrated here from England last year) I might see if I can find time to go dig it out today!
  • calebsmommy
    calebsmommy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot about the P90X. What is it about, is it really hard and how much do it cost???
  • lovinlife581
    Options
    P90X is challenging, but it's so much fun! Tony (the trainer on all the P90X dvds) is such a riot, and not bad on the eyes. There is a fitness test, as it is an extreme exercise program (hence the X in P90X - Power 90 eXtreme) to make sure you're able to do the exercises well. If you're not there yet, Beach Body has many other programs to get you there. It's a 90 day program and you can do one round or several rounds. I'm on my first round and I absolutely love it, love it love it! It's such a blast!...oh yeah, and it's good for me, too! :bigsmile: Check out beachbody.com if you're interested in it. They have tons of info, support, gear, and you can purchase the program there.
  • Ofelia
    Ofelia Posts: 2
    Options
    hello this myfitness pal is pretty kool.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

You should come join us on this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/54895-p90x-starting-a-new-thread

We're a fun group, and we can help keep you accountable & answer any questions you may have. :bigsmile: