New Mothers

Options
Hey everyone. I just rejoined fitness pal because I was very successful with it the first time I did it about a year ago. Since then, I had a little girl who is 5 months old and it is time to get rid of this extra weight, again! I also have a five year old. I am looking for some very supportive women. I am a working mom and my husband works at night so I do not have ANY time to work out except for an occasional weekend.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Trish

Replies

• Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I just rejoined fitness pal because I was very successful with it the first time I did it about a year ago. Since then, I had a little girl who is 5 months old and it is time to get rid of this extra weight, again! I also have a five year old. I am looking for some very supportive women. I am a working mom and my husband works at night so I do not have ANY time to work out except for an occasional weekend.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Trish

Welcome...you do not have to leave your house to exercise. Walk on your lunch break at work. When the kids are in bed do jumping jacks, squats, walk/run in place while watching your favorite show. You can do this! Add me if you would like! I work full-time at a hospital so when I get caught up with my work I will walk 6 flights of stairs just to do something! :)
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    You can also put on some music and dance around with your 5 year old. Kids love to dance! :smile:
  • Mommy2boys1girl
    Mommy2boys1girl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just had my 3rd baby in June. Was laid off from my job of 8 years in July. Husband works really long hours. Was very sick with post-birth issues after the baby was born and ended up having minor surgery and ended up in the hospital twice for blood transfusions and antibiotics for a raging blood infection! While I am feeling 100% again, I rarely have time to exercise between caring for 3 kids under 5, cleaning, cooking, laundry, job hunting...you know the drill! I can use all the support I can get. Feel free to add me. I really do understand!
  • Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've got an almost 9 month old little guy, and still trying to START losing the baby weight - hadn't lost anything since 2 weeks after he was born. I've been on MFP for 11 days now, and have lost 3 lbs - so it is definitely working. I try to do exercises in my living room while he's playing, but then he thinks it's a game and wants to climb all over mommy! It's definitely hard to carve out the time - especially when he doesn't want to take that late afternoon nap (I work 6am-2pm) Please feel free to add me as a friend, and we can hopefully help motivate each other. :)