2nd Amendment Exercisers

Options
If you purchase your ammo on-line, what sites do you visit? How much are you paying per round. Looking for cheap .40 S&W ammo for the range.

Replies

• ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I have a 50 and a 22 caliber rifle, but I got them from a store, so idk...I'd be interested to see what others say about this though.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Sportsman's Guide
    Cheaper Than Dirt
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've seen good prices at Cheaper than Dirt. My husband reloads, and uses Midway, USA.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Im just trying to get my guns bigger before i go out and shott them!
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    Ray you are a fool man! I'm still laughing!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have gotten a lot from Cabalas.
  • littletiger97
    littletiger97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I had a neighbor give me a couple of boxes of .40 cal. I had to rent the gun to shoot them. Can we even purchase ammo online in IL? I just assumed that would not be allowed, as anal as IL is about hand guns.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    If you are planning on doing much shooting, invest in the equipment and load your own. Well worth the initial expense and you can custom build rounds for your gun.
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    I had a neighbor give me a couple of boxes of .40 cal. I had to rent the gun to shoot them. Can we even purchase ammo online in IL? I just assumed that would not be allowed, as anal as IL is about hand guns.

We can. We just have to scan FOID card and drivers license and provide to on-line retailler.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options

I live in rockford and purchase from aimsurpluss.com and cheaper than dirt. I reload so I mainly buy reloading supplies. But I purchase loaded rounds for ak and old russian riffles. You should see the look on the ups drivers faces when they deliver boxes marked explosive. If you order from Cabelas you only get hit with 1 hasmat charge per order. Even if they split your deliver into several shipments.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I have a 50 and a 22 caliber rifle, but I got them from a store, so idk...I'd be interested to see what others say about this though.

You ahve a .50? Are you part of FCSA?
  • vjsavini
    vjsavini Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you are planning on doing a lot of shooting, I would reload. There is no "cheap" 40 S&W. However Walmart usually sells the 100 rd and 250 rd value packs. I would go with that.
  • vjsavini
    vjsavini Posts: 11 Member
    Options

His 50 is most likely a Muzzleloader. Most modern in-line muzzleloaders are 50 cal.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

His 50 is most likely a Muzzleloader. Most modern in-line muzzleloaders are 50 cal.

okay... I shoot .50 BMG, and I know many who do, which is why I asked.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    My fiance uses ammoengine.com, you tell it what you want, and it finds the cheapest one for you.

http://www.ammoengine.com/find/store_frame/5432832?url=http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000443&dir=18

There ya go. 50 rounds for $14.36
  • Ready4Battle
    Options
    www.aimsurplus.com

Cheapest ammo I've found yet. It's local for me to pick up, so not to sure about the shipping. Still some good prices.
  • Ready4Battle
    Options
    AIM has 40 s&w for .28 a round.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    ammoman.com
    wideners
    Palmetto State Armory
    Cheaper Then Dirt

I have a few more bookmarked at home.

FYI- not a big fan of TULA ammo. Too many incidents of weapons blowing up or being damaged due to incorrectly manufactured rounds. YMMV.

And I also use ammoengine- a great resource.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who I buy ammo through.

Dad has a .22 revolver that has interchangable cylinders to shoot .22s or .22 magnums.

I'm also be using this friend to purchase my Springfield .357 Sig when I save up the money for it.