Looking for motivation

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and am really enjoying reading everyone's stories and journeys to weight loss. I recently started working out and improving my diet in hopes of shedding some pounds. My biggest struggle is staying motivated and encouraged. I'd love to get to know everyone better and maybe we can help each other :-)

Replies

• mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • olsoneagle
    olsoneagle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Joining and using MFP is best thing you can do. I put it on my Ipad in June. At first it was tedious to record everything, but you really have to do it. Now it just takes a couple of minutes. I do not know exactly why, but we all need motivation and this helps a lot. I started at 235 and am about to break 180. Just took a large garbage bag of XXL and XL clothes to the Good Will. I do not feel, or ever say, that "I am on a diet." I just eat differently, healthier and less. I am a 70 year old retiree who has worked out all his life. But after retirement 10 years ago I just started putting on about 5 lbs a year. Too much snacking and too early a cocktail hour. I quit drinking in Feb. Figured I had consumed more than my share of the worlds vodka supply. I thought the weight would roll off but it didn't until I also controlled my eating.
    One month ago I had knee replacement surgery. Dr says I am best patient he has seen in a long time. I am way ahead of where most people are. He said I did not need physical therapy because I am already doing the exercses and have the discipline and work ethic to do it myself. I cannot imaging carrying those 55 lbs around now!!!
    So use MFP! Get addicted to it. It is your report card on yourself. No one else needs to see it but you will! Best of luck.
  • MsDYJ
    MsDYJ Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! I'm slowly becoming addicted to this site. At first I didn't think I would enjoy keeping track of every piece of food I eat--and honestly I didn't think it would serve a purpose--but now I stand corrected! It's amazing!
  • simpsonmahan
    Options
    I started about a month ago restricting my diet to 1,500 calories per day plus more if I exercise. So far I have struggled to keep to my food allowance at least 1 day a week usually a saturday or sunday. Results have been pretty good so far, I lost maybe 8 lbs. Coming up soon I have my first week long business trip since I started using MFP. It's going to be challenging for sure. Historically I over eat and drink on business trips.