Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Snacking at night!

Does anyone know how I can stop myself from snacking in the evening? I usually start snacking before and after dinner.This is where I eat a lot of calories. I'm ok during the day though.

Replies

• inglese90
    inglese90 Posts: 1 Member
    I totally understand how you feel. Every night I just sneak to cheese box for just a little hunk of heaven...
  • patmc35
    patmc35 Posts: 17 Member
    I have the same problem. Last night I had baby carrots. It helped. Try fruit. If you crave ice cream the weight watcher frozen pops or skinny cows are not too bad. Also keep your hands busy, on the computer, or knitting etc. Good Luck:blushing:
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    I am a total after-dinner grazer (well I am trying NOT to be - LOL). I find that brushing my teeth RIGHT after finishing dinner is very helpful. I also try to stay away from the kitchen once dinner is over. Can't wait to see others' suggestions. I would also love some ideas. :)
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    This is my downfall too. I've been trying to drink more water and chewing gum. When I do break down and have something to eat at night I try to make sure it is fruits or vegetables.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Also my downfall..I have no idea how to stop it...basically you either can't start, find something healthy like carrots to snack on, or plan it. I would recommend stopping before starting...harder said than done though
  • I am having the same problem....I have been snacking for the last two days and don't know why....
  • Thanks for the replies. Just completed my food diary for today and oh boy did I go way overboard with my calories! I think stress basically has to do with it because as soon as all our children are from school ( they come home at different times) all hell breaks loose. Think I will have to have change my eating habit at night and see if it will help.