What do you during your workouts?

Options
cekeys
cekeys Posts: 397 Member
Hi all,

New poster/member here. I've realized I'm a bit of a multitasker during my workouts. Rather than fight it. I've come to embrace it. If you see me at the Y, I'm the one on the Precor Elliptical machine/Stationary Bike/Treadmill/Stairclimber with headphones playing Vivaldi and reading a Kindle.

What do you guys find yourselves doing in addition to working out?

Replies

• TeeRaceFisher
    TeeRaceFisher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I listen to books on tape and catch up on my youtube subscriptions. Lately my kid has been stealing my phone to watch Dora while we walk, so I'm left to hear about the adventures of Map and Backpack.
  • tquaider
    Options
    I read and delete e-mails from my phone while doing 30 minutes on my recumbent bike! I have also tried reading Twitter posts , and they are okay, but if I follow a link to an article (or anything that's more than a few paragraphs long) then I don't pedal as fast as I want to, so I stick to the short ones. That's why the e-book didn't work as well for me as I thought/hoped it would - too involved. But, yeah, I needed to figure out how to get some mental stimulation or I don't think I would stick with it.
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    Nothing, just put on the ipod, turn the music up and get in the zone. I'd get too distracted if I did anything else and wouldn't train as hard.
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ....I workout. Anything other than that and I feel like I wouldn't be working hard enough.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    When I'm on recumbent bikes I'm usually catching up on youtube subscriptions, especially when I'm on the higher resistance and I need something to take my mind off the burning of my legs! :laugh:

On elliptical I'm either watching Judge Judy (that's usually what's on for two hours when I'm at the gym) or I'm studying some notes or listening to music.

I always need something to occupy me especially when I'm going at high resistance or going fast because I'm known for pausing if my body is screaming in pain! :embarassed: That way this makes me not stop because I'm not thinking about it
  • PrettyLydie
    PrettyLydie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, and I hulu reruns of the Biggest Loser...I'm like, if those really big out of shape people can do THAT, I can for sure jog for 30-40 minutes, lol. Seriously, those guys inspire me so much, and the fact that they work out as hard as they do, makes me feel like a little wuss, so I push myself harder.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

New poster/member here. I've realized I'm a bit of a multitasker during my workouts. Rather than fight it. I've come to embrace it. If you see me at the Y, I'm the one on the Precor Elliptical machine/Stationary Bike/Treadmill/Stairclimber with headphones playing Vivaldi and reading a Kindle.

What do you guys find yourselves doing in addition to working out?
    I do cardio and calisthenics while conference calling.
    LOVE IT!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm usually just on a machine with my mp3 player. I used to bring my notes with me from class, but I decided to combine studying with an elliptical trainer and found out that I get motion sick. :sick:
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Nothing, just put on the ipod, turn the music up and get in the zone. I'd get too distracted if I did anything else and wouldn't train as hard.

This, ^^^ Although I use my Android :)

Russ
  • adevereux
    adevereux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    On the bike or treadmill at home - catch up on soaps :smile:

But just got a new exercise video and it's kicking my butt. LOVE IT. Kendra Wilconson's Be a knockout with Kendra. My muscles have not ache this much in a long time. So right now, I just workout, when i workout...how boring am I :laugh:
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I just basically sweat and breathe hard! Not much time for anything else!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Watch hulu or netflix on my phone, listen to podcasts or music. I find it impossible to read though.
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    I use my wii to work out and I play the Boxing for at least 45 - 60minutes but while doing so I tend to dance around the room while listening to music.
  • curioustexgal
    curioustexgal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When I walk on my treadmill ......

I listen to my iphone/itunes Tunes....or listen to my new fav station on iheart radio...HIT NATION! love it! Awesome up beat music!
    I read my Nook, watch criminal minds episodes...or do flash cards with my daughter...LOL
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just basically sweat and breathe hard! Not much time for anything else!

OMG this ^^^ is me too..... I tried to read - got motion sick and almost flew off the treadmill....tried surfing the net on my phone....cracked my shin when my foot slipped off the pedal. Tried listening to music...got way to into it and found myself humming loudly (I noticed when everyone was looking at me! LOL)

So I'm right there with you....sweat and breathe.... Note to self: Concentrate - you can do this without broken bones or making a fool of yourself!
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I should point out I have to up the font size on my Kindle when I'm exercising. it was too hard to follow while I'm bumping around.
  • wannabehealthy1980
    Options
    Watch TV Shows or Movies via Netflix on my phone.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If I'm outside running I just listen to my music, but if I'm on the elliptical I either watch sports or catch up on one of my favorite shows - "Man vs Food" - kinda ironic........ LOL!
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i watch movies or shows on tv either at the gym or at my home gym.. sometimes i listen to music but it depends.. mostly that time is spent not thinking about all the work i do in a day so anything brainless is what i do ..i like to watch shows like gossip girl, wife swap, jerry springer type shows and or movies... none of which have any significance in my life other than i really super appreciate my life after watching that crap lol