Green Tea & Herbal Teas count as water Intake??

Options
Hi all!!

Do Green Teas and/or Herbal Teas count as water intake??? I am trying to drink 8- 8oz a day, but having trouble in the cold winter months!!!!

:drinker:

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I count them! It's a lot of hot water and a tea bag, why wouldn't they count?
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    I count mine too! That's 8 oz of water I put in the cup before adding my tea!
  • Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Most Def!!! :)
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    if something has caffeine, like green tea, you cannot count it as a water intake as caffeine is a diuretic. You should actually drink a cup of water extra for every caffeinated beverage you intake.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    if something has caffeine, like green tea, you cannot count it as a water intake as caffeine is a diuretic. You should actually drink a cup of water extra for every caffeinated beverage you intake.

^^^ this is what I was going to say :)
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    green tea usually does not have caffeine, i would count it.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You are going to get mixed responses.. Green tea has caffeine and is a diuretic - so many people say it doesn't count as water intake.

Personally I count all tea (with or without caffeine) as water. It's up to you to decide.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options

Green tea has massive amounts of caffeine.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

This is false. WATER is a diuretic, so your entire statement is meaningless.

Everything you drink, and plenty of things you eat, all count as water.
  • Dnina1215
    Options
    I never count it as water. Tea isnt water, its tea. Some days I have trouble drinking plain water too. I do much better with that on days I work out. I don't count propel or soda water as my water intake either. I log them in just as they are. I guess it really depends on the person.
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Green tea has massive amounts of caffeine.

This is an incorrect statement as well - Green Tea has 25mg per cup vs.
    Soda averages from 25-40 mg
    Coffee 95-110 mg
    Decaf Coffee 15-20 mg

So it is up to you weather you count it or not but here are some facts.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options

This is false. WATER is a diuretic, so your entire statement is meaningless.

Everything you drink, and plenty of things you eat, all count as water.

This, otherwise it's just an information or lack of problem.
  • BrittanyH8588
    BrittanyH8588 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't count it :)
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I asked the same thing last week on mfp. Also, I asked my DR at recent visit. She said yes as long as they are decaffinated. I drink so much decaf Herbal Tea so :drinker: Yeah!
  • Eoxenrider
    Eoxenrider Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one!! I think I will count it. I don't dring Green tea often, mostly herbal.