Chad's Journey - 135 pounds lost (1 Year Later)

Options
cstew44
cstew44 Posts: 24 Member
MFP Family, I was asked today, and have been asked several times over the year . . . How did I lose all the weight? and What is my path to success? In the spirit of sharing what worked for me . . . I am sharing my journey with you all by pasting my response, in hope it could be of help to others . . . Please do what works best for you or what has been working for you. We are all different . . . just sharing my journey.

.. . The path to my success has been clean eating, exercise, good sleep and ridding myself of people and/or things that create stress in my life. You have no idea how often I get the question, Did you have that surgery to lose the weight? Well, the answer is no!!!! What I did have was the answer to prayer and the discipline to follow my daily logging of food and exercise. I didn't start on MFP until around March 2011 and by that time I had already lost 30 pounds.

I officially started my journey on 1/6/11 in a Weight Watchers meeting with my girlfriend. I tried following their plan but found trying to eat the number of points I was allowed was a lot of food and I never got as much food eaten as they prescribed but I was losing weight. Then one day I was searching the web for something to help me track my calorie intake and ran across MFP. I started using it as my tracking tool and stopped counting points. I still go to my weekly WW meetings with my girl but we only use it for the weigh in (scale). There is something about that scale that holds us both accountable during the week. We always have it in the back of our mind ... "Don't forget, you have to weigh in on Thursday!!!"

I try and keep my carbs low, sodium intake moderate (1500mg), protein moderate to high and limit my sugars to fruit ( this area I have blown every week) - because ever since 1/6/11, I have eaten 3 scoops of Baskin and Robbins ice cream (EVERY WEEK). Not doing so well with cutting the ice cream back in 2012 yet either - just being honest - ( but Its a goal this year to cut back on the ice cream).

Last thing ... See my supplement stack (usually taken first thing in the morning) everyday ... It is really the difference maker. It helps curb my appetite and burn fat. The secret mix is the Dieter's Green Tea (which is no joke)behind will DEFINITELY ... keep you clean!!! (lol) Well, there you have it ...

This is my journey and the little things I do. I hope it can be of some help to you and your journey. My journey has been nothing short of a miracle ... I would have never thought I could have lost 134.6 pounds in a year! God Bless!!!!!

Replies

• Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and lifestyle change.
  • MelissaWI
    MelissaWI Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! That's amazing!!! GREAT JOB!! Something to be very proud about!
  • QueenRee
    QueenRee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your girlfriend! Its great you guys have a strong support system within each other!
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's an awesome loss! Great job!
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you!!! Awesome story:blushing:
  • meisme33
    Options
    Wow man, great job! I often read these and then people respond saying "So inspirational!" but up until this point I haven't felt that way about anyone's story. I appreciate the honesty that you still eat that ice cream, but its clear that you've made a wholesale lifestyle change to progress as far as you have. I hope you keep it up! I AM inspired!
  • tahcoke
    Options
    Congrats!! You look and sound great.
  • kaizo
    kaizo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss and lifestyle change! :)
  • tarajeand
    tarajeand Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Where do you get Dieter's Green Tea...just the tea section of a regular store?
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Thank you for sharing. Very inspirational.
  • JekJekums
    JekJekums Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i love that you cut out the stress in your life, including people that stress you. i think sometimes we overlook the fact that giving so much to people who don't give back leaves very little energy or positivity to spend on ourselves. so happy to see you've been successful, and it's amazing that you and your girlfriend are doing this together. look out, hot couple!!
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • BetterMeN2012
    Options
    What an inspiration! Great Job and congrats to you and your girlfriend! God Bless you both!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring success story. Thank you for your post.
  • 90orbust
    Options
    You are inspiration!
  • lissa0710
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!