When do you weigh yourself?

rolandhulme
rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been weighing myself in the evening - when I'm 'at my heaviest.' It does tend to 'flex' a bit, though - a few pounds up or down.

I also tend to weigh myself in the morning, because I'm OCD! But I'm always a few pounds lighter then (less water/food in my system, I guess.)

I was just wondering which one is the best gauge...

By the morning standards, I'm at my goal weight - but I gain four or five pounds by the time I'm ready for bed. Ideally, I want to be at my goal weight then - but I guess logically, that means I'll be less than my goal weight every morning.

It's so weird. I'm crazy. Sorry!

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Hi there, I always weigh bright and early in the morning before breakfast. :wink:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    YOu will find mot people here weigh themselves in the morning after using the restroom but before they get in the shower.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    :smile: Fist of all, your baby boy is sooooo cute!!! :smile: LOVE the hat! :laugh:

I weigh myself once a week, on the same day of the week, in the morning, right after peeing.... any more than that and I get obsessive.....

I'd totally say you're at your goal weight...... WAHOO!!
  • your not weird!!
    I think your True weight is the morning weight, done at the same time every morning, preferably before breakfast. That is when it is always recommended to weigh yourself. The problem with night weight is that it does flucuate, dependant on several factors-how much you ate today, water, what time at night, what your wearing, the moon and a bunch of other stuff. But, your weight is going to flucuate a bit in the morning as well, for alot of the same reasons. As long as you weigh yourself at the same time each week, you can certaintly use that as your weight. I used to go to weight watchers meeting in the evening after dinner, so it was always at the same time, about 7 pm every Wednesday.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    bout once a month or so, when I'm curious. Weight is arbitrary for the most part, a decent very general way to gauge long term progress, but doing it once a week or more often then that is an exercise in futility IMHO.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    I go by the weight in the morning and I only do it once per week. I do Fridays so I can recoop from a cruddy weekend if I am bad ;)
  • lovely78
    lovely78 Posts: 8
    weigh yourself in the morning - and about once a week.

don't weigh yourself after a workout.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    According to everything I have read, weighing yourself in the morning is the most accurate.
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Every Friday morning just after waking, using the restroom and in my birthday suit. If I've had a good week weight wise then it encourages me through the weekend to stay on track. If it hasn't been a good week weight wise then it keeps me motivated to stay on track through the weekend. :smile:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :wink: Always the best time to weigh is first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and before you take a shower and always undressed, that will be your true weight!:wink: Plus it is better to weigh only once a week on the same day and about the same time!:happy:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Monday mornings, before I eat or drink anything, after going to the bathroom & nekkid.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Monday mornings, before I eat or drink anything, after going to the bathroom & nekkid.

woo hoo!

lurker alert!!!:bigsmile:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    As with most everyone else, empty and nekkid in the morning!
    Definately NOT after a workout.

157695.png
  • erinf79
    erinf79 Posts: 25
    I've seen a couple of people say not to weigh yourself after a workout. Just curious, why is it bad to weigh yourself after a workout?
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Yes, I'm curious too!

I totally do the nekkid thing, too. We're a bunch of nudists on My Fitness Pal, it appears!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Morning and in the buff like everyone else. Although every once in a while I weigh myself in the evening after I've eaten and have drank a lot of water to see how many pounds I've "gained" partly because I'm curious and partly because it keeps things in prospective when I gain water weight. When I've seen myself go up 8lbs in a day (I drink ALOT of water), it makes it hard to freak out because I'm up 2 or 3lbs because it's the wrong TOM.
  • I always weigh in the morning, right after I pee!
  • Aimee139
    Aimee139 Posts: 1
    I weigh in on Monday morning on empty and before I shower. Weight fluctuates daily, this is most accurate according to some weight loss programs I have done.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I want a controlled environment so I weigh myself in the morning when I first get up, after I pee, before I eat anything, naked. This way my weight is not thrown off by my clothes, what I've just eaten or drank, etc.

I do weigh most days but I only count Monday. That's when I update all my tickers, etc. and what I consider my official weight for the rest of the week.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I want a controlled environment so I weigh myself in the morning when I first get up, after I pee, before I eat anything, naked. This way my weight is not thrown off by my clothes, what I've just eaten or drank, etc.

I do weigh most days but I only count Monday. That's when I update all my tickers, etc. and what I consider my official weight for the rest of the week.

Me too with the controlled environment for weighing.............My weigh in day is Thursday.
This discussion has been closed.