Hunger Games

Options
So I may be a horrible person for thinking this but here goes.....

I recently started reading the Hunger Games series and the main character describes herself and her family as eating only berries and crazy rations of bread and wild squirrel (exaggeration) etc .... and all i can think is how maybe I should go hunt in the woods as a new diet plan. hahahaha

Is there a hunting wild squirrel calories burned tab? LOL

*great book thus far, would def recommend reading it*

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Yes. Go to MY HOME> Settings......................SQUIRREL!!
  • hales_04
    hales_04 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    LOL! I literally just started reading it last night. And I couldn't help but think about that eating style!
  • laceyxlockdown
    laceyxlockdown Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    love the hunger game books!!!! i cant wait for the movies!!!! :D but harry potter will ALWAYS be my number one fav :P

hahah but goodluck with that squirel hunting! lol
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That's funny! You could write a book and call it the "Hunger Games Diet"

I enjoyed the books, too! Looking forward to the movie.
  • BrittanyH8588
    BrittanyH8588 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OMG I just finished that book Friday and now I am on to the second one amazing books I cannot think about anything but them lol but I totally agree with you I was thinking the same thing when she was hunting :)
  • Myhighway2
    Options
    Know the book, it's a good read.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I AM OBSESSED.
    With everything about the books. I read The Hunger Games and Mockingjay in one day (separate days though lol). I could talk about them all day.
    And I know - I need to go on the Katniss diet!!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Read all 3 books and I cannot WAIT for the movie. The trailer looks AMAZING. Also, Taylor Swift came out with a song for it and I'm quite the Tay Swift fan.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    I AM OBSESSED.
    With everything about the books. I read The Hunger Games and Mockingjay in one day (separate days though lol). I could talk about them all day.

This. And I am such a dork that I took The Hunger Games with me to go to a Twilight MARATHON when Breaking Dawn came out. I sat through all four movies, and it between movies I read and finished Hunger Games. :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Just remember that going into the woods could well cost you your life...
  • vacamama
    vacamama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I AM OBSESSED.

This. And I am such a dork that I took The Hunger Games with me to go to a Twilight MARATHON when Breaking Dawn came out. I sat through all four movies, and it between movies I read and finished Hunger Games. :)

It's like I wrote this..lol LOVE both of those series!! I hope the Hunger Games movie is awesome..I'm nervous! (BUT SO EXCITED!!!!)
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've read the entire trilogy before Christmas. I think I read all three books in a week - could not put them down. It reminded me of the themes in George Orwell's "1984" and in the Book of Revelation in the Bible in the way they portrayed life in that future time period. I am both eager and afraid to see the movie when it comes out this March - eager because I enjoyed the books and afraid because movies seldom are as good as the books.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I devoured the books, I am so waiting for the movie :) Can't wait, Hoping my baby decides to wait til his due date, so I can go see the movie (hes due April 1st)
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go developing the Hunger Games Diet (or exercise plan for that matter... arena... fight to the death? Not for me! LOL), but I agree the books are fabulous! Great read!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I AM OBSESSED.

Sounds perfectly normal to me!!
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Whenever I am wanting to quit my workout I think "WWKD?" and I keep going.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    I've read the entire trilogy before Christmas. I think I read all three books in a week - could not put them down. It reminded me of the themes in George Orwell's "1984" and in the Book of Revelation in the Bible in the way they portrayed life in that future time period. I am both eager and afraid to see the movie when it comes out this March - eager because I enjoyed the books and afraid because movies seldom are as good as the books.

I always describe the books as 1984 meets Lord of the Flies.
  • deltagreen
    deltagreen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this series.